1. 1. PC vs MAC

• PC
    • MAC

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Do you play games on it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, I hate computer games. My boyfriend has a GameCube and that's the extent of our gaming.

The gaming ablilities of the Mac are admittedly limited, but I do know that MacWorld Magazine has an entire section on gaming monthly, so there are Mac gamers, it's just a different group.

This is the gaming section of MacWorld forums. If you're a hardcore gamer, then the Mac is probably not for you. But if you're a casual gamer, then there are games out there for it.

i voted PC because Macs are usually used for programming and stuff, not gaming

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, most of what I do on my Mac are graphics and music. I want to start doing some video editing too. I have a lot of VHS that I want to edit and get on to DVD.

And also you cant build your own mac. At least I don't think you can. I build all of my pcs. I have a 2.4g P4B With an Abit BH7 Motherboard with 512mb of pc 2700 ram. I used to have my pc overclocked to 2.8 gigs but It ran hot so i bumped it back down. Im going to be gettin an Athlon 64 pretty soon with MSI's Neo-FIS2R with Dynamic Overclocking. If you dont know what Dynamic Overclocking is you should look it up. Its awesome. Basically the CPU overclocks itself automatically when you need more cpu power. For example if you start up a game or open up a window it well overclock its self for the time it needs more cpu power.

I too have built my own pc but I am looking at getting a mac laptop. I've also shunned the Windows XP world and gone to Linux. Like Cotuit, there is no turning back. But here again, I really only play SimCity and do a lot of high-end image generations, so a mac is more geared toward what I need.

i voted PC because Macs are usually used for programming and stuff, not gaming

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not true! Macs are used for everything. They are less versatile when it comes to gaming only because most people make games for PC. A Mac would play a game alot better than a PC.

And also you cant build your own mac.  At least I don't think you can.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think you can build your own. Thats one of their selling points i think.

I have two PCs as well that I've been meaning to play with Linux on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have never had a good experience with linux. Good luck with yours though.

I currently have a PC, but I am seriously considering getting a mac. I'm not sure what kind I want though. Macs definately have their advantages. My main problem with them is that I own alot of software for PC and it wouldn't be compatable anymore. I liked the look of the iMac G4 better than the G5. I've had the same computer for almost 4 years. Haha, it was a state-of-the-art 1.4 GHz P4 when I bought it. P4s were brand new at the time. Things change quickly..... It doesn't play the high-end games that well, but fortunately I don't play them much either.

I have never had a good experience with linux. Good luck with yours though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Since it's not my primary box, I don't really have too much to worry about. If I just had one PC and was going to start screwing around with Linux, I might be in for a problem though.

I currently have a PC, but I am seriously considering getting a mac. I'm not sure what kind I want though. Macs definately have their advantages. My main problem with them is that I own alot of software for PC and it wouldn't be compatable anymore. I liked the look of the iMac G4 better than the G5. I've had the same computer for almost 4 years. Haha, it was a state-of-the-art 1.4 GHz P4 when I bought it. P4s were brand new at the time. Things change quickly..... It doesn't play the high-end games that well, but fortunately I don't play them much either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can look into if some of your PC apps will run under Virtual PC, some won't. I'm not really concerned with running any PC apps, so I don't have Virtual PC myself.

The new G5 iMac is growing on me, I wasn't too thrilled with it at first (stylewise). I have a G4 lamp model that I love.

Macs just aren't for games!

There are a few. SC4, Tiger Woods, The Sims, I think any EA Games are made by Aspyr.

Just google Aspyr or Macsoft and you should find a few. That's not the point though. Macs are so much easier to use and are more for the 'creative' people. :D

ME is the worst OS Microsoft has ever released.

Macs aren't complcated, they are simply different then you are used to.

Agreed, ME is definately the worst OS Microsoft ever released. It's one of those hide it under the couch and hope no one ever looks under there products. :P

As far as Macs...I bought my first Mac, a new iBook G4 for a self birthday present back in March and though I like it, it's a little too simple and is just not practical for my everyday use. I go days without taking it out of my backpack. I think the one thing I use it the most for is getting my free song off of iTunes every week, haha!

i hate macs, theyre in my school and i find them to be annoying and more comlicated than necessary to get the job done.  i dont like xp, i love me and thats what ive been running since it came out.  ive built all my computers too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you kidding? Millenium was horrible. That thing crashed on me at least two or three times a day. Sometimes while I wasn't even at the computer or running anything! With XP you can set it up so it looks like the classic 95-style task bar, etc. Alot of people find the new set up confusing.

Yes Me was bad, real bad.

I use Win2000pro at the office and it's great. I much prefer it over Xp. Much more stable.

I'm not a fan of Macs. I never got over the one button mouse. It offended me. I had to work with one at school once. Never again.

I'm working on running linux, but i haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm not a fan of Macs.  I never got over the one button mouse.  It offended me.  I had to work with one at school once.  Never again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can get a two button mouse and use it much the same as you would in Microsoft. I've found that I've pretty much stopped right clicking when on a PC since I switched to my Mac. I thought it would bug me, but now I'm a one button kind of guy.

Archived