PC vs MAC

M. Brown

PC vs MAC  

104 members have voted

1. 1. PC vs MAC

• PC
    • MAC

I saw a new Apple commercial the other night on TV attacking Windows. How do you feel about that. As a Windows person, I was sort of offended, but still, I understand. But that's only my opinion.

It's all about fun competition. If you are going to take the stand that you are better than your competitor you may as well have fun with it. I personally don't think that Mac is attacking the PC world but rather pointing out the very obvious flaws that Microsoft has been unable to fix. For those who haven't seen the commercials they are HERE. Personally this one is my favorite btu they are all funny, if you like Macs :thumbsup:

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a new Apple commercial the other night on TV attacking Windows. How do you feel about that. As a Windows person, I was sort of offended, but still, I understand. But that's only my opinion.

I am offended that Microsoft puts out such a defective product that I have paid for. Thank goodness for Apple for providing some competition.

As I said above, if you want a real OS without the problems, switch to Ubuntu.

I honestly like both...but the mac wins my favorite because it's a more secure system. I'm just SO tired of dealing with all of the "stuff" (viruses, adware, etc.) that I bought my wife a macbook and soon will have one of my own. Life is just too short to deal with the "stuff".

That said...I work in the 3D viz industry...and cost/speed on the pc has the mac squashed.

Most idiots just buy prepackaged Dells, and run the default Windows colors. That's not because that's all there is.

That's because we 'idiots' aren't all computer know-it-alls like some others. ;) Some of us just want something that's fast and flexible, and has all the bells and whistles. That's why I got on the phone and told Dell what I wanted and allowed them to build it for me. It works perfectly for running AutoCAD, Photoshop, and the other programs I use it for. We don't all need to know every aspect of a computer and how to build it; otherwise I'd wait until I visit my father-in-law again and have him help me build one since he's one of those "computer know-it-alls."

Personal preference, for me, PC... I've used a Mac many times and don't particularly prefer it. It's not bad, in my opinion, but it's just not what I'm used to. And I say that having had many, though limited, experiences with a Mac.

By the way, I am a Dell person. They just seem reliable to me.

They went low end a while back. It's not terrible, but a lot of techies got mad at them for using their well deserved brand to peddle low end PCs and market them the way they did. Dell used to be the best brand. I'd get HP for a low end machine. If I ever get around to buying a laptop it'll probably be an HP.

BTW: does anyone else hate alienware?

They went low end a while back. It's not terrible, but a lot of techies got mad at them for using their well deserved brand to peddle low end PCs and market them the way they did. Dell used to be the best brand. I'd get HP for a low end machine. If I ever get around to buying a laptop it'll probably be an HP.

BTW: does anyone else hate alienware?

I bought a new pretty cheap Dell Inspiron 1150 notebook from them in November of 2004. The motherboard burned out on it back in January. I had to get a new Inspiron 6000. Great laptop. And just because that computer died on me doesn't mean I hate Dell. Any computer can mess up. And I have complete confidense in this more powerful notebook.

One of the best things I like about the newer Dell's is that you can reformat it in about 10 minutes.

Just as an FYI. There are only 4-5 manufacturers of laptops in the world and all are names that you would not recognize. Retailers like Dell, IBM (now Leveno), Toshiba, etc, long ago quit making these devices themselves and now contract out their manafucturing to one of these companies from a catalog of pretty standard list of parts. The only significant difference is in the packaging, marketing and support. But beyond that, a Windows based laptop is essentially the same no matter who you buy it from. Same design, same components, same lifespan, etc etc. The only laptop that is significanlty different from this lot is Apple.

Interestingly enough, you can buy what is called a white box laptop through a reseller that sells designs direct from these manufacturers. It will have an odd ball name on it, but you can save a significant amount of money as you are not paying for TV adverts and glossy color ads that try to convince you that Dell is better than Leveno is better than whoever.

• 1 month later...

I had a two year warranty on my Dell computer. The motherboard burned out right after the warranty was up and I had to replace the motherboard AND the CPU because the motherboards that DELL had were not compatible with my old CPU.

In April of 2004, I switched to Mac, and while it took some getting used to, I'll never go back. I'll admit, the gaming thing kind of sucks.. but games are coming out faster than ever for Mac in relation to PC release.

Since I've had my Mac, I've had absolutely no problems. No viruses, no crashes, no freeze-ups (sometimes programs freeze up.. like Windows Media Player.. but it's real easy to close them and re-open them).

I'd say, in face, they make you lazy.. because you don't save your work as often as you should.. and then when you use a PC it freezes up and you've lost a good chunk of work.

• 2 months later...

Archived