San Diego Center City

Troy.One

• 3 months later...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I've been to San Diego twice, and once only about a month ago, but these pictures make me want to go back there for a while.

Especially since the weather has been cloudy and gloomy both times I went, and these pictures feature such nice blue skies. I guess I'll have to go back in the summer.

• 6 months later...

Doesn't the city have height restrictions in place?

most likely, since the flight path for their airport is right over downtown. a landing, by the way, which is an awesome experience.

I've been there once, for a business trip. It is, by far, the most beautiful city I've ever visited. Aside from the extortionist cost of housing, I would live there in a heartbeat. My wife and I always scheming about how to return.

most likely, since the flight path for their airport is right over downtown. a landing, by the way, which is an awesome experience.

I've been there once, for a business trip. It is, by far, the most beautiful city I've ever visited. Aside from the extortionist cost of housing, I would live there in a heartbeat. My wife and I always scheming about how to return.

You're right, urbanesq. We have a 500 foot height limit. It's frustrating, because I'd love to see a couple of 600 and 700 footers built downtown. The only way that will happen is if the airport is moved.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right, urbanesq. We have a 500 foot height limit. It's frustrating, because I'd love to see a couple of 600 and 700 footers built downtown. The only way that will happen is if the airport is moved.

True, but the trade-off is that awesome approach to the city right through downtown! It's an amazing trip, you almost feel as though you could step off the wing and into Balboa Park. Most impressive!

^^Sounds like you were sitting on the right side of the plane when you landed. Did you happen to check out the left side? You can almost see people sitting at their desks in downtown buildings. Landing at Lindbergh is like no other.

that's correct, right side-- and, yes; saw the other side. it's an intimate approach. I've never landed anyplace quite like it.

It's cold, icy/rainy and grey here. SO wishing we could hop a plane for SD right now!!

• 2 weeks later...

^^Ok, not to rub it in, but it's been absolutely beautiful here the last couple of weeks, with temps reaching into the 80's last week. It's been in the upper 60's here lately, but not a cloud in the sky. I'm still waiting for the winter rains to show up.

chilly and rainy here off and on for weeks. a**hole. :angry:

:P

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived