San Diego Center City

Troy.One

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
:blink: I dunno why San Diego is not recognized as a well designed city. It's downtown is very nice and beautiful, plus the geography of San Diego is stunning that has a glorious bay. Nearby Cabrillo Nat'l Mon. provides a million-dollar view of the skyline, bay, and the ocean. I've personally taken a photograph of the cool skyline during various sunsets and they are awesome. Someone should speak out for the San Diego.

I think SF and LA in California always steal the spotlight from San Diego, so it's left out in the rain.  :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is definately true. San Diego is just establishing its identity as a major city with its boom downtown. I think SD may become more reconized by people in a few years. I just can't get over how many projects are going up downtown!

The military airport-naval base in San Diego and the Int'l Airport locks up some of the land needed for new skyscrapers, I think they are a bit too close to downtown San Diego. These may get in the way of developers and spark some conflicts and both should be moved away from downrtown if possible. (I think the Int'l Airport could relocate, but it will be a pain in the butt to relocate the military base.) But otherwise San Diego is one of the better big cities to live in, and it's north of the popular tourist spot Tijuana south of the USA-Mexico border.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately San Diego is turning into another typical southern californian city; disconnected, spread out, over-crowded. Those are indeed nice photos but more of the touristy variety (convention center, the marriot, the skyline). One thing its being recognized for now is being inthe top 5 most expensive places to live in the nation; I have no idea why. It used to be a nice place to live, but with over 2 1/2 million in the county and climbing its unfortunatley just a nice place to visit.

It's a good question; those who have here seen seeem to love it; those who haven't wish they could come. Unfortunatley, the Pro Sports Teams are a joke; can't be sure if that has anything to do with recognition?

The growth has been dramatic over the last 10 years; maybe too soon for recognition?

• 1 month later...

Archived