Favorite Columbia Mall

DigitalSky

What's your favorite Columbia Mall?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Columbia Mall?

• Columbia Place Mall
    • Columbiana Center Mall
    • Dutch Square Mall
    • Richland Mall

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dutch Square certainly isn't a big mall, or a super nice mall...but I like to shop at Belk's, and going to the one at Dutch Square is DEFINITELY better than fighting Harbison traffic to go to that Belk's. And I like movies, and as someone else said, the theater there is one of the best. This mall is not a major player as shopping malls go, but definitely still has it's place.

Dutch Square certainly isn't a big mall, or a super nice mall...but I like to shop at Belk's, and going to the one at Dutch Square is DEFINITELY better than fighting Harbison traffic to go to that Belk's. And I like movies, and as someone else said, the theater there is one of the best. This mall is not a major player as shopping malls go, but definitely still has it's place.

I agree. It also has the only Burlington in Columbia

I saw while browsing the Dutch Square website that the mall has a Maxway, which is I'm assuming the discount store chain. I've never seen one at a mall before and was wondering how large that store is and if it has an interior mall entrance. Haven't been to one of those in years...

Most Maxways I know are in strip shopping centers anchored by a grocery store (usually a Bi-Lo from what I've seen). I wonder how it fits into the mall as well. I may just take a browse around Dutch Square next time I'm down in Columbia. If I had about $50 million to throw around, I'd make the Bush River Road area worth visiting.

Most Maxways I know are in strip shopping centers anchored by a grocery store (usually a Bi-Lo from what I've seen). I wonder how it fits into the mall as well. I may just take a browse around Dutch Square next time I'm down in Columbia. If I had about $50 million to throw around, I'd make the Bush River Road area worth visiting.

The Maxway is on the outside (facade) of the mall. The mall has a weird (and kind of neat) set up where the outside facade of the mall is set up like a plaza. With a set up like this, some stores like Baskin Robins and Ashley Stewart (I think that's the name) only have access from the outside. Other stores like Maxway can be accessed inside or outside of the mall.

I was at Dutch Square last night and was suprised to see so many people on a Tuesday (and this crowd wasn't there for the movies only).

Why drive all the way to the one in Concord when the one at the Pineville/Charlotte border on South Blvd. is just as big?

Why drive to NC to watch a movie? Concord Mills does give you the option of walking around in circles, but thats not a good enough reason.

Why drive to NC to watch a movie? Concord Mills does give you the option of walking around in circles, but thats not a good enough reason.

Charlotte is closer to me than Charleston is....and the atmosphere is different for me.....i cant wait till the Epicentre theatre opens :)

Well, from Rock Hill the movie theatres on South Blvd and Rea Road aren't that far, and I usually only go to them when I want to catch a later show. But I really don't go to the movies that often anyway.

I wouldn't drive from Columbia to Charlotte just to see a movie, that's for sure. I would at least make an entire night trip out of it.

Well, from Rock Hill the movie theatres on South Blvd and Rea Road aren't that far, and I usually only go to them when I want to catch a later show. But I really don't go to the movies that often anyway.

I wouldn't drive from Columbia to Charlotte just to see a movie, that's for sure. I would at least make an entire night trip out of it.

Of course not, I also go to the mall, grab a bite to eat from either Manzetti's, Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris, or other fine dining establishments in SP area, visit friends, and/or go clubbing........the only theatre I like in Columbia is Columbiana Grande off Bower Pkwy. & Sandhills is ok...i dont like the lounge in Sandhills it looks like a clown picked out the carpet and the lighting is way too bright; I'm very picky and observant about my surroundings and atmosphere has alot to do with my money spending....I also avoid theatres that dont have Cherry Coke because that is definately the drink to eat popcorn with! Thanks and goodnite :)

Of course not, I also go to the mall, grab a bite to eat from either Manzetti's, Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris, or other fine dining establishments in SP area, visit friends, and/or go clubbing........the only theatre I like in Columbia is Columbiana Grande off Bower Pkwy. & Sandhills is ok...i dont like the lounge in Sandhills it looks like a clown picked out the carpet and the lighting is way too bright; I'm very picky and observant about my surroundings and atmosphere has alot to do with my money spending....I also avoid theatres that dont have Cherry Coke because that is definately the drink to eat popcorn with! Thanks and goodnite :)

Hmmmm...how odd! :)

Wow! You are painfully particular! :shok: You really should consider moving to Charlotte.

Wow! You are painfully particular! :shok: You really should consider moving to Charlotte.

If he'd grown up in Charlotte, he'd probably always be comparing Charlotte to Atlanta or Chicago and criticizing Charlotte for its shortcomings when compared to those two cities. :D

Columbia isn't perfect, but my God it's far from being a cultural or entertainment hellhole.

Archived