Gay friendly cities

Kick_Me

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It made me consider leaving South Carolina, but the city I live in, Columbia, is very gay-friendly, so I don't have to deal with overt homophobia. Just about every southern and western state (and even Wisconsin) has passed one of these constitutional amendments, so where do you move to other than the northeast? I'd rather fight than run anyway. You can't give in to these idiots, you have to fight them every step of the way.

Civil Unions Bill Easily Passes House in N.H.

The New Hampshire House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to bestow on gay couples the "same rights, responsibilities, and obligations as married couples" today in the form of same-sex civil unions. The vote was 243 to 129.

The House also approved a commission to study Gay Marriage in New Hampshire. The vote was 210 to 160.

A few highlights from the article...

Outside the Statehouse, Louise Broughton's cardboard signs broadcast an ominous message:

"Homosexuality is a crime against the planet. Save our Earth."

"A friend from our church made them," she said.

This is very true. When I moved here, I expected Charlotte to be extremely "religious-right" conservative about everything. But in the downtown, there does seem to be a large gay community. In fact, if the parking garage in my building in any barometer, there are tons of rainbow stickers on cars there. :)

Archived