Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

urbanguy

Updates & Progress of developments in Honolulu!

10 posts in this topic

Here's some of the towers currently under construction in Honolulu!

Lanikea

Rendering:

BldgRendering.jpg

SitePlanLayout_lg.jpg

Map.jpg

Brief Description:

Height: 300 ft *100-unit, two-bedroom with only 4 residences per floor, fee simple condominium development, with ocean and mountain views, conveniently located near the entrance to Waikiki. Lanikea will be the first condominium built in Waikiki in over ten years.

Priced from the mid $400,000's to $1.4 million

A view:

041008_bldg.jpg

041011_bldg.jpg

Hokua Tower

Rendering:

hokua1.jpg

hokua.jpg

builover_mainimg.jpg

Brief Description:

Height: 418 ft *247-unit luxury residential condominium, conveniently located between Ala Moana Center and the Victoria Ward retail/entertainment centers.

Priced from the $550,000's to $5.5 million

A view:

netcam.jpg

netcam2.jpg

Ko'olani

Rendering:

bldg_pic1.jpg

bldg4.jpg

low_loc_img1.jpg

map.jpg

map2.jpg

Brief Description:

Height: 400 ft *370-unit luxury condominium located between Ala Moana Center and the Victoria Ward retail/entertainment centers.

Priced from ??

A View:

Construction Cam

I'll try to post more info about the other developments eventually! :D

Check out all of that development! Honolulu really does get over shadowed many times by cities in the 48 states. I think it's because your clocks are so far behind. :whistling:

hehe yeah both Alaska and Hawaii are always overlooked but theres a lot going on. There are two 46 story condos that are going to be built across the street from me right now they are excavating the site. There are quite a few others set for construction come next year too its really cool. Theres another tower in Chinatown being built now but the funny thing is i cant find any rendering for it. There are also quite a few under 12 stories popping up to.

urbanguy -

Will the two 46st towers you mentioned become Honolulu's tallest ?

Hi, i have no idea because i haven't seen or heard any official heights for those buildings at all :( I really hope so though...

Doesn't Honolulu have a height limit of some sort?

^Yes Honolulu has a height limit of approximately 400 ft and those seem to be restricted to area's of downtown -> eastward to around Ala Moana. However, one building tops out at 429 ft, another 418 ft and Hokua Tower which is undercostruction will be 418 ft upon completion so there are exceptions.

Yeah, I heard that a special few buildings were allowed to break the limit.

I think that eventually the height limit will be raised as the city core begins to densify even more and the builders start running out of room :P