college photos in Greensboro

cityboi

These campus photos are of Bennett College located just east of downtown's boundary. Bennett College is an African-American female college and is located about a block away from NC A&T State University, another historically black college. Greensboro is unique in NC that it has a total of 4 major college located outside the boundaries of downtown. Greensboro College and the University of North Carolina at Greensboro are just west of downtown. Bennett College was founded in 1873.

You can see a little bit of Greensboro skyline from this photo

spr12.jpg

win11.jpg

win5.jpg

win4.jpg

win6.jpg

win1.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

spr5.jpg

spr9.jpg

spr7.jpg

spr4.jpg

steele.jpg

union2.jpg

player.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say it's an "African American" college. Does that mean that only black people are allowed in? I didn't think that was still legal.

I think it is still legal as long as it's not publicly funded, although I don't know for sure. Cityboi does say that the colleges are historically black...that does not mean that white people cannot attend there, but very few probably do.

Thanks guys! Bennett and NC A&T are black colleges but whites and other minorities can attend too. the vast majority that chooses to attend these colleges happen to be black. much like JC Smith Univ. of Charlotte, Winston-Salem State and NC Central Univ. in Durham.

Archived