Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Motor City renaissance

Motor City renaissance

After decades of decline, downtown Detroit is getting a makeover in time for the '06 Super Bowl.

December 2, 2004: 10:30 AM EST

By Sarah Max, CNN/Money senior writer

(CNN/Money)

It's nice to see the D getting some good press on CNN. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, finally some positive national coverage about the city. :)

Stolen cars saw a minor increase, according to Commander Stacy Brackens, but that was largely because restaurant and stadium goers were getting lost. "People are still not familiar with where they are," he said. "This is a different Detroit than it was five years ago."

This makes no sense to me. Since when do stadium goers get lost and have their cars stolen? LOL.

"This makes no sense to me. Since when do stadium goers get lost and have their cars stolen? LOL."

I have heard of a few cases where some not familiar with the city will park their cars in places where parking is not allowed, and got their cars towed. Due to the fact that they're in big bad Detroit, they automatically assume that someone stole their car.

There are "no parking" signs for a reason. People just need to be a little more observant. You can't just park any old place...there are designated places. Of course I'm sure some people will never figure it out. Haha.