230 South Tryon

BryanH

if there is a thread for this already I couldn't find it, feel free to move it though.

the crane is up now at 230 south tryon. i got a couple pics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tower crane is on the 18 wheeler outside of my office right now. YEAH !!!!!! :D

A2

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just saw him turn the street as you were posting that  :D  i bet i could see you from my office lol what floor are you on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

18th. I am loving this !!! I figure in the next 6 months, we are going to have a dozen or so cranes up downtown. I am going bonkers I tell ya, bonkers !!! :P

A2

i'm on the 20th right across the street from you, facing wach III.

i took that gig at CIB so i'll be moving to the BS building next week, kinda sux cuz i'll miss all the action lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congrats on the new gig !!! :thumbsup:

I think there will be enough action to go around for quite some time, even on the side where you will be housed at the BS bldg.

This is an exciting time my friend !

A2

i'm on the 20th right across the street from you, facing wach III.

i took that gig at CIB so i'll be moving to the BS building next week, kinda sux cuz i'll miss all the action lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, I told you there's a great chance you would end up at BS in that private message I replied. Cheer up. Depending where your cube is, you might get to to see the Epicentre grow from its infancy. At least you're downtown and not at CIC where I am now

• 4 weeks later...
I think the proposed building is beautiful. Charlotte needs some urban living that doesnt look like space ships taking off. I enjoy the likes of The Arlington and the new towers being built. But this one is classic....It reminds me of residential high rises in Philadelphia, NYC,San Francisco....etc...and those cities all have true urban cores.....Embrace diversity in residential living in Charlotte.
This is a style that isn't really represented in Charlotte anywhere. Diversity is good for the skyline. If every tower in Charlotte were the same then it would be extremely boring. The cool thing about downtowns is that all kinds of buildings and architectural styles can be represented in extremely close proximity and still fit in - because that's what downtowns are all about.

• 4 weeks later...

There has been speculation around what restaurant will be located in 230 South Tryon - My guesses were Ruth Chris, PF Changs, and the Palm

In today's paper there was an article stating that Ruth's Chris is planning another uptown location. I also have insider info that the restaurant will also we a national chain.... Sounds to me, my first guess was right...

Also - I am guessing they have not signed the deal formally with 230 south tryon, but once they do - they will make the announcment.

Here is the article below:

Ruth's Chris Article :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

5 or 6 stories of this building are now framed and enclosed with the yellow GP boards.

Compared to how far Trademark and Avenue are, it is really clear how much was saved by converting an old office building, rather than building from scratch.

As already-high steel and concrete prices continue to rise, and as speed to market becomes important to buyers, I wonder if we will see other office-condo conversions on Tryon.

Archived