Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falloutboy

Greenville pics!

Here are some pictures I took while visiting Greenville a few weeks ago.

View of the Reedy river in early evening.

d0hreedyeve.jpg

The amazing Liberty pedestrian Bridge over Reedy falls.

j1klibertybridge.jpg

k5obridge1.jpg

Main street

c8qmain2.jpg

v0lmainnight.jpg

y4xcoffee.jpg

Various buildings downtown.

o9vgville.jpg

q4mgville2.jpg

f7dgville3.jpg

Ok, I'm getting some "user posted images" ("red x's" for you Internet Explorer users out there). I'll check this again when I get back to Cola.

edit: this computer i am using sucks, which is probably why i'm not seeing the pictures.

Downtown Greenville and some of the surronding areas area beautiful. Much has been done in the way of gentrification and new development for the most part has been innovative (at least for the area anyways) IF you haven't been recently do yourself a favor and make a trip to downtown Greenville for the day.

Brad

Ok, it was that crappy computer. Awsome pics! I particularly like the one of the courthouse. They need to remove that billboard that you can see from the liberty bridge.

Though that is a larfe advertisement, it is not a billboard. It is panted on the side of an old building in the West End Market. In its own way it is part of history. I hate billboards myself but I love to see the old advertisements painted on to the sides of old buildings. Often they were painted by a past tennant or building onwer. Just a little more history.;

Brad

Nice photos of Greenville! Its definatly a lot nicer than Greenville North :D

Oughta make a trip out there sometime, Charlotte is only an hour away from me anyways! Got a friend who lives in the Greenville/Spartanburg area.

Very impressive pics! :thumbsup: For all of you who haven't been to downtown Greenville, I want to encourage you to see for yourself how these photos, while great captures of some of the places, just can't do justice to what you'll actually see when you are here.

The Falls Park on the Reedy is getting better all the time, now that all of the landscaping is complete. I love to go out there and study when I get the chance, and the weather is nice.

One of the great things about Greenville's downtown is that you can really spend lots of enjoyable time exploring areas that are not visible to the drive-through visitor. It is when you leave your car and take off on foot, that you will discover the true nature of this city; and you won't be disappointed. :)

Falloutboy knows what I am talking about. :D