The Big Dig

Guest donaltopablo

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, on one hand its great that the crippling traffic through downtown has been eased, and that the ugly elevated highway is gone of course. On the other hand, I it doesnt encourage people to switch from transit to driving. Hopefully people will see the cost benefits of using transit instead and this won't happen much. This new less traffic thing coupled with cheaper parking in Boston could be very detrimental to the T.

I wonder how many years til the Central Artery falls to triple convergence and is just as congested as it was before.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

1175554880_4044.jpg

Leverett Connector closed after truck plummets from ramp [The Boston Globe]

WTF? On March 18th a car fell off the ramp near the same place. I remember back a ways there was an issue where a contractor had not built the walls on this ramp high enough, is this the result?

I hate that interchange.....I almost got in an accident a couple of weeks ago by trying to stay on 93, instead of getting pulled onto the Tobin. The signage is bad there, and the left two lanes exit-only onto the Tobin don't make for logical driving. I can easily see how this would happen. The left lanes that go to the Tobin look like they will continue straight (because you are looking uphill) and you can't see the tight turn until it is too late. Add that with cars weaving because of the confusion of what is 93 north and what is this exit ramp, and this doesn't surprise me at all.

I hate that interchange.....I almost got in an accident a couple of weeks ago by trying to stay on 93, instead of getting pulled onto the Tobin. The signage is bad there, and the left two lanes exit-only onto the Tobin don't make for logical driving. I can easily see how this would happen. The left lanes that go to the Tobin look like they will continue straight (because you are looking uphill) and you can't see the tight turn until it is too late. Add that with cars weaving because of the confusion of what is 93 north and what is this exit ramp, and this doesn't surprise me at all.

Archived