UFOS

Ruso

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to think so. There are alot of shows about some freaky stuff going down at Area 51, and they are pretty convincing. If I'm up late and driving I listen to Coast to Coast AM with George Noory/Art Bell. Its kind of a weird show, but they talk about paranormal things like that. I think that they are out there, but I think its more of a research/study thing, than a "hey lets wait and invade them later on."

According to one show, someplaces, like Brazil, believe and report all UFO activity, and then the government will investigate. They accept UFOs as a part of life, and not the fantasy of some techie nerds like we tend to do in America. They say Brazil would be a logical place to investigate because they are cutting down the rainforest in a hurry. This might peak the curiosity of a visitor who only see us as destroying our own planet, which may or maynot be a foriegn concept to them.

Anyhow, thats my rant about it. Good topic.

I find it hard to believe that life exists only on earth in this huge universe. There must be intelligent life out there somewhere. Have they visited earth? Maybe. It's hard to say. UFOs certainly exist, but whether or not they were occupied by little green men from another planet is a different matter.

Maybe not on earth, not as we think anyway. There is always the possibility that life was planted on Earth by a comet or the like, but regardless of that theory I think it is possible the universe harbors many different kinds of life forms than what we find here on Earth. Just our one galaxy is home to billions upon billions of stars, each star like our Sun. They may not all have planets orbiting around them, but many do and so-called planet hunters are finding new planets all the time. The largest they have the ability to find right now are Jupiter sized planets and larger. But look at our own system, the only planets with a solid core are much smaller than Jupiter so the planets they are finding around other stars may very well be neighbor to smaller planets like our own, we just can't see them. Out from our galaxie the universe is broken down into sections, each section containing an unfathamable number of galaxies, and like I said above, each galaxie is home to billions and billions of stars like our Sun. So anyone who thinks there isn't life elsewhere in the universe is naive.

Im sure there is life some where else in the universe. Maybe even some form of humanoid life. The Universe has always baffled me. Some scientist say the universe goes on infinity, others say the universe has boundaries. It amazing to think of space going on forever and ever. And if there are boundaries, what is beyond those boundaries. Its hard to image no space beyond the universe boundaries. I think its alot like the old days when men thought the earth was flat. That was because the scale of the earth made it impossible to determine the earth being any other shape. Maybe the universe is like that. Its difficult to determine the shape of the universe becasue of its scale.

First of all I don't understand the bashing me because I said I don't think they are real and I said they were fake. Second what I mean by fake is the way the pictures look and all this evidence and stuff to try and prove that aliens and ufos are real. I think its something the government came up with to cover up things.

First of all I don't understand the bashing me because I said I don't think they are real and I said they were fake. Second what I mean by fake is the way the pictures look and all this evidence and stuff to try and prove that aliens and ufos are real.  I think its something the government came up with to cover up things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe that there are beings from another world studying, living, and dying with us here on Earth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Two very different views here :)

I have heard about government conspiracies like that too. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that governments use UFO's to hide advanced technology, or to direct people's attention elsewhere to coverup something else.

I believe that they exist because too much evidence is in their favor. All of it cannot be faked.

I believe that they exist because too much evidence is in their favor. All of it cannot be faked.

Kinda like those who think Dinosaurs weren't real and all the fossils were planted. There's no way they could plant that many fossils, LOL!

Robin Cook wrote a novel called "Invasion" that was about extraterrestrial life controlloing development of the Earth. It was an interesting novel. Incidentally, there is a South Park episode about essentially the same thing, except we are a reality TV show instead of an experiment.

Statistically (I am a math person after all) in an infinite universe the improbable development of life will occur an infinite number of times. So life outside of Earth exists in an infinite number of forms. (I can give you a proof of this if you want, M.Brown)

I agree somewhat with Josita. The technology is there, we just haven't gotten it yet. Everyone's thoughts on Roswell? :)

I believe in extraterrestrial life. I don't believe in little green men, martians or UFOs. Considering the age of the Universe there must be some civilization capable of travelling the vast differences between solar systems and galaxies. So I won't rule it out entirely and frankly nothing would surprise me. However, given the current state of UFOology i'm not inclined to believe it's a systematic visitation.

Besides we're a big laboratory set up by the mice. The universes largest computer. We're here to find the answer to life, the universe and everything.

You know, it would be arrogant to discard the possibility, given the fact that we are only human. Unfortunatelly, our technology has not reach, and will not do so very soon, enough strenght for us to confirm, assure or deny extrateriestial life. We can only assume. We are still so limited, that it all depends on estimates and on what we could consider guessing.

Only in the last few days have been reports of a hovering light that stayed for around 2 hours but changed its position in the sky ever-so slowly. This was seen by residents in the northernmost capital city, Darwin.

Most people think it was a (maybe testing a) craft from the U.S. base, Pine Gap. Why they doin' all kinda crazee stuff up there. :w00t:

As far as life on other planets, sure! We shouldn't be so arrogant to think we are the only ones (as Ruso mentioned).

what? :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

systematic = Purposefully regular; methodical

visitation = The act or an instance of visiting or an instance of being visited

Only in the last few days have been reports of a hovering light that stayed for around 2 hours but changed its position in the sky ever-so slowly. This was seen by residents in the northernmost capital city, Darwin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't there some UFO sightings in the not so distant past in Mexico? I heard about the sightings maybe about 6 mo. or so ago ... not sure on the details.

Archived