Did we go to the moon?

Fruit Cove

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my grandfather taught me all my life that we never went to the moon.. so I don't think we did

In addition, the USA and the Soviet Union were locked in a race to the moon and if the American's had tried to fake it , they would have been immediately called out by the Soviets.

unless they were in on it.

It just seems weird that we have never gone back at all .. why not? not even to set up colonies? experimental science stations? why do we need to float out in space in the international space station .. why not set up shop on the moon? or aleast another shop on the moon??

incidentially, I was watching the history channel the other night and they were talking about The Bible Code (this might be a topic for another thread) and how it has forcasted many events in code. I came in on it in the last 20 minutes so I missed most of the background .. but it ended of course with the apocolypse and forcasting the end of days ... anyone heard of this?

It forcasts that the end of days begins around 2012 which coincidentially is the end of the aztec calendar (or was that mayan or incan?) .. anyways .. just a heads up to everyone ...

It just seems weird that we have never gone back at all .. why not?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would we? The Cold War is what prompted us to go. We weren't really ready to go, and it is a miracle that we actually made it. Anything that we would be doing up there now is far too expensive to make any return on.

The cost of being there and working there of course won't come down until we actually get up there and start doing things. But no one wants to outlay the funds now.

I think we are finally at a point where soon the private sector will be able to return us to the moon and find ways to make it profitable. In the next 25 years maybe we'll see a return.

Believe it was the Aztec, and isn't it December 23rd or something?  Also, has anyone heard of John Titor?

http://www.johntitor.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hah, sounds like a Y2K redux to me.

Why would we? The Cold War is what prompted us to go. We weren't really ready to go, and it is a miracle that we actually made it. Anything that we would be doing up there now is far too expensive to make any return on.

The cost of being there and working there of course won't come down until we actually get up there and start doing things. But no one wants to outlay the funds now.

I think we are finally at a point where soon the private sector will be able to return us to the moon and find ways to make it profitable. In the next 25 years maybe we'll see a return.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, we only went there to stick one to the Soviets for getting to space first. We left stuff on the moon too. I know that they left reflectors up there for measuremtn- which is why they know that the moon is gradually moving away from the earth, and why they think it wasnt originally there.

We went back to the moon once with Apollo 12, ans we tried again with Apollo 13. Anyway, there is not any real advantage to going back. What is up there besides rocks and dust?

I think that in the future we have an economical reason to set up shop there- if were are going to attempt a flight to mars its a good stopping point, and a good place to test the plausibilty of extraterrestrial bases.

my grandfather taught me all my life that we never went to the moon.. so I don't think we did

It just seems weird that we have never gone back at all .. why not?  not even to set up colonies?  experimental science stations?  why do we need to float out in space in the international space station .. why not set up shop on the moon?  or aleast another shop on the moon??

incidentially, I was watching the history channel the other night and they were talking about The Bible Code (this might be a topic for another thread) and how it has forcasted many events in code.  I came in on it in the last 20 minutes so I missed most of the background .. but it ended of course with the apocolypse and forcasting the end of days ...  anyone heard of this?

It forcasts that the end of days begins around 2012 which coincidentially is the end of the aztec calendar (or was that mayan or incan?) .. anyways .. just a heads up to everyone ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had another thought here- Why is it that we assume that these ancient cultures had some superior insight into the universe that we can't seem to understand?

In the next 25 years maybe we'll see a return.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quoting myself for a moment...

The Chinese will go to the moon, probably in the next decade profitable or not. The reason they are going is similar in a way to why we went. It's basically publicity to prove that they have a place among the western powers, and right up close to next to the US.

Its funny you should say that because my grandfather always said we never went to the moon. There was a special on FOX some time ago that try to prove that the moon landing was faked and that it was actually filmed in restricted area in Nevada (probabally Area 51). One example is when the camera cursor weaved behind objects in the photos which was evidence of digital reimaging. Plus there were shadows where there werent suppose to be and repeating rock patterns in the photos.

One might ask, how would you explain the way they walked and bounced on the moon. The FOX special said it was played in slow motion. They speed up the footage and they were walking like normal. Also the flag waved. there is no wind in space.

One might ask, how would you explain the way they walked and bounced on the moon. The FOX special said it was played in slow motion. They speed up the footage and they were walking like normal. Also the flag waved. there is no wind in space.

Don't trust the "media." Visit this site, read it in full and post back to this thread:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Quoting myself for a moment...

The Chinese will go to the moon, probably in the next decade profitable or not. The reason they are going is similar in a way to why we went. It's basically publicity to prove that they have a place among the western powers, and right up close to next to the US.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also think that will play a roll in getting a base on the moon and going to mars. The Chinese announced that they planned to go to the moon a few times, and the start setting up a base there. It wasn't long when Bush said that was now in our long term plans. It could easilty a new space race.

Actually you missed a few.

Since then manned space has focused on the ill fated shuttle missions which never met any of its objectives, and has killed two crews.  NASA lost its "mojo" in 1975 and never got it back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oops :whistling:

the point is that we went up there a few times, not just once and then left it be.

I think they also cut them because the public lost interest in the launches.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I thought that the SpaceShipOne deal was awsome. Getting space travel into the private sphere and making that available to the public at some point could easily create a new interest in science and math. One part of that is getting some good math/science teachers. I had a string of bad math teachers, which is why I'm not that good at it, and therefore don't have much interest in it. On the other side of that, I had great science teacher, so I am interested in alot of scientific things, even though I don't plan to revolve my life around it.

I voted NO! Of course the us didn't go the moon.....

Okay, so maybe I think we did; but hey, I have to give those less civil members someone to bash and call stupid right? ;)

However, I don't think we should waste the resources to do it again. Unless it will aid in the development of new leading edge technology. Mainly, if it will somehow help us get into "deep" space. I'm no expert (case you didn't know) but I don't think NASA has the $$ to waste on a trip to the moon, especailly when there is so much new and unexplored space out there. Guess I'd call it the "been there done that" factor. Time to move on to bigger and better things. Just my opinion.

Archived