Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

Temporary Riverwalk to be build at Berkman

7 posts in this topic

Well, it's better than nothing... On a side note, for some reason I get the feeling that we won't see Berkman Phase II for a while.

Uh oh! another uncompleted project and no end in sight for the Berkman Phase II agreements that I can see. That cannot be good.

From Thursday's edition of the jax Daily Record. There was an article a month or two ago about Matthews opening up a second location at Berkman Plaza. I guess the city really has it in for DB Holdings, since they profited big time on the development of phase I.

The waterfront restaurant was my favorite part of the whole Berkman project. It would've been really cool. You know, the Chart House is going to have to move, once the Radisson site starts construction. Perhaps they could move here.

I'm a little confused. Berkman Plaza has already completed the vast majority of their Riverwalk. The only part left is a small strip, maybe less than 100ft long, connecting their property to the Shipyards property. However, to the best of my knowledge, there is no Riverwalk connecting the Shipyards to Met Park. So what's the point of making a temporary fix at just Berkman?

Has a Riverwalk been constructed at the Shipyards that I never noticed?

Or is the city planning on installing a temporary pathway on that property too?

It seems like $50,000 is a lot of money for a 100ft asphalt path. Did they perhaps mean that it would cost $50,000 to put a path from Berkman all the way to Met Park?

I know they're paving the Shipyards site for the Superbowl. It's all gonna look ghetto and temporary, but it will be walkable. And yeah, it's Berkman's dirt lot/phase II site that they're paving.