Cotuit

City Profile: New York City, NY

9 posts in this topic

NYC-TitleBanner.jpg

BANNER-FactsFigures.gif

Largest city of New York State, and largest city in the United States.

up_citytalk_88x15.gif The Bridges of New York

BANNER-Olympics.gif

up_citytalk_88x15.gif NYC2012 Olympic Village, Design Finalists

BANNER-Trivia.gif

Apple.gifOrigins of "The Big Apple

Interesting profile, thanks for posting. Now if we could only get more people to make posts on the forum!

what about Harlem? I guess they just count that under the Manhattan section huh?

Yes, Harlem is part of Manhattan.

Yes, Harlem is part of Manhattan.

Ok, i figured, but i never really understood why Harlem is one of the five boroughs even though its a part of Manhattan.

Ok, i figured, but i never really understood why Harlem is one of the five boroughs even though its a part of Manhattan.

It's not one of the 5 boroughs. The boroughs are Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and The Bronx. Harlem is just a part of Manhattan.

Speaking of Harlem, there are SOOOOOOOOOO many neighborhoods in each of the boroughs in NYC. It seems like i learn a new one everyday watching the news.

I was in Manhattan last week for business. It was my first time visiting the Big Apple and I must say I was impressed. I was a bit apprehensive coming there on my own but it ended up being a great time. I can't wait to go back!! And you New Yorkers are quite a pleasant bunch despite the stereotypes!!

I was in Manhattan last week for business. It was my first time visiting the Big Apple and I must say I was impressed. I was a bit apprehensive coming there on my own but it ended up being a great time. I can't wait to go back!! And you New Yorkers are quite a pleasant bunch despite the stereotypes!!

My wife and I visited New York last month for the first time. We stayed at Times Square and had a wonderful time. The city is magnificent and the people were friendly and helpful.

Now I better understand why I see so many 'I Love NY' bumper stickers and tee shirts. New York isn't just a city it is a national treasure.