Creative Lofts, Condos, etc.

btoy

Thank you for reply, I would like to live in the setting of Clifton Mill, as it is located at the Pacolet river. It is urban, but yet it is very close to everything. What do you think lofts like that would cost? What kind of people would buy there, perhaps empty nesters. Would general population from Spartanburg buy there?

I have seen an add for Main street lofts at 399,000 for two bedroom 1800 sq.ft., a bit outrageous.

The Clifton Mill #2 is in Spartanburg County, in the unincorporated Clifton mill village. Its not really downtown anywhere. Its on the the eastern edge of what I consider suburban Spartanburg. The mill is in an idyllic location along the Pacolet River. It has a great waterfall and if this is done right, it will probably have a great waterfront park. My hope is that it will liven up the old village. It needs a boost in a bad way. I haven't heard anything about it lately though.

It is also ideal because it is located near several schools, and probably 5-8 mins from the newest eastside shopping area in Spartanburg.

I will say that if you are looking for a place downtown, this won't be for you, since it is in a mostly rural setting, though being in the mill village limits that rural effect to an extent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can tell you about the thing is what I know about the area. So feel free to ask anything.

I can tell you that I would not object to living there if the price was reasonable. I think it would be a fairly even mix of empty nesters and families- which also depends on the price. (too much $$$ may mean less famillies) Clifton is very near two schools in District 3.

Clifton is not a well-to-do area, so I suspect it wont be that expensive.

Maybe Brad knows if they will be "luxury" condos or not.

Are you referring to the 601 E Main condos?

I think that people are are trying to over price Spartanburg. We are not Greenville. There are fewer people here that are willing to spend alot of money to live in town. If they would lowere their prices just a hair (meaning not "luxury" everywhere), people would flock into town.

I wonder what people will pay for lofts like Clifton, would 225,000 for 1500 sq ft. be unreasonable? The setting is very pretty, river "views".

Mills Mill lofts went for alot more then that.

All I can tell you about the thing is what I know about the area. So feel free to ask anything.

I can tell you that I would not object to living there if the price was reasonable. I think it would be a fairly even mix of empty nesters and families- which also depends on the price. (too much $$$ may mean less famillies) Clifton is very near two schools in District 3.

Clifton is not a well-to-do area, so I suspect it wont be that expensive.

Maybe Brad knows if they will be "luxury" condos or not.

Are you referring to the 601 E Main condos?

I think that people are are trying to over price Spartanburg. We are not Greenville. There are fewer people here that are willing to spend alot of money to live in town. If they would lowere their prices just a hair (meaning not "luxury" everywhere), people would flock into town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 years later...

It's been a while since there have been any post in here!

Just wanted to give an update on the Mayfair-Bailey Mill in Spartanburg. The same people that did The Lofts of Greenville are also working on this mill, it will be Mayfair Lofts of Spartanburg. They plan on opening it for residency in September of this year. They alrady have a site up too, www.mayfairloft.com, it's got a few pictures there of the construction. If it's anything like The Lofts of Greenville, it will be a hit!

Archived