A little more of SLC

jarrodslc

Alright, here are more of the photos I promised. I had to compress and resize them quite a bit so I hope they look okay and don't take too long to load. Enjoy!

One Utah Center, one of the taller modern building in downtown

1.jpg

WellsFargo Center. This building is shaped like an equilateral triangle so from the front it looks flat.

2.jpg

WellsFargo Center from the Gallivan Plaza

3.jpg

The Boston & Newhouse buildings are by far my favorite highrise buildings in downtown.

4.jpg

The Walker Center, another great historic highrise in downtown. Rumored to be the tallest building west of the Missouri River in at the time of it's completion (~1912)

6.jpg

Nice shot of the Gallivan Center, Wellsfargo Center and One Utah Center

7.jpg

The Broadway Centre

5.jpg

Some shots of the density of SLC's CBD

8.jpg

9.jpg

23.jpg

21.jpg

30.jpg

The Karrick Building, my favority low-rise in downtown

10.jpg

The Broadway Lofts

12.jpg

Squatters Brewery next to the Broadway Lofts

20.jpg

Nice shots of some old buildings downtown

11.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Some rundown retail on State Street

18.jpg

The new condos at the Tony Caputo's mixed-use development

14.jpg

The American Tower Condos

13.jpg

Port O' Call nighclub

19.jpg

The Marriott City Center on the Gallivan Plaza

22.jpg

Eggs in the City

24.jpg

Deseret News Building

26.jpg

The Peery Hotel, a great old hotel but now they are beggining to lease office space there. Should be interesting to see how that works out without any form of renovation?

27.jpg

Not sure the name of this building. I think the UofU has some medical stuff in it?

29.jpg

HK Building

28.jpg

Some skinny Main Street retail

31.jpg

This is now a nighclub again and the building itself is great inside. It's owned by an arcitectural firm who also occupies the top floor.

32-purple.jpg

Interesting thing to find downtown, and it's still in use!

25.jpg

Today I saw a new loft conversion underway downtown, the Westgate Lofts. I'll look for more info and post some images... one day.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, SLC doesn't have THAT many buildings downtown, but the ones that are here are pretty nice and interesting for sure. There is a nice mix of new, old and in-between. Makes for a fun walk through the city.

There are some things going on right now (actually under construction that is), but mostly in the form of low and mid-rise residential lofts and condos. Which I think is good for the near future. Because if they can get the people downtown I think the retail and office towers will follow. Just look at the suburbs ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jarrod, nice thread! Im a long time skyscraperpage.com SLC forumer, but its offline from Dec 24-27. So I had to waste my time somewhere! ;) I remember hearing about this site about a year ago, just never checked it out.

In doing so, it was quite pleasant seeing a great SLC thread!

Archived