Harborside @ Lake Carolina

emerging.me

If you haven't ever checked out Harborside, this might be a good time to check it out. Just got this in email...

HARBORSIDE LIGHTS = WINTER WONDERLAND!

On Friday, December 10 and Saturday, December 11, Lake Carolina's neo-traditional village of Harborside will host a special holiday display entitled "Harborside Lights". Harborside's Town Center, Village Green and the neighborhood streets will be decorated with over 2,500 beautiful white luminaries.

A spectacular assortment of animated displays will brighten the nights, in addition to the hundreds of thousands of sparkling lights that annually adorn the entrance of Lake Carolina. Harborside Lights will begin at 5:30 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. both nights.

Harborside Merchants will keep evening hours to share holiday cheer, refreshments and late-night shopping opportunities. There will be live music throughout the neighborhood both nights, and Joe Pinner will join us on Saturday evening at the Divine Playhouse to read the classic "The Night Before Christmas." Musical groups will provide entertainment within the neighborhood. Visits with Santa will be found at the Village Green for children of all ages. Horse-drawn carriage rides will be available throughout the winter wonderland of Harborside Lights.

Entertainment Schedule For Harborside Lights:

Friday Night

Pantasia steel band

Village Church praise band

Kelly Mill Middle School Chorus

Saturday Night

Palmetto Concert Band

Richland Northeast High School's Pop, Broadway, and Jazz

Lake Carolina Elementary School Chorus

Joe Pinner reading "The Night Before Christmas"

Be sure to dress warmly and bring your walking shoes! Strolling and shopping through the softly illuminated streets of Harborside will be a majestic experience you do not want your family to miss this holiday season.

Admission and parking are free. For more information please call your favorite Harborside Town Center merchant or Lake Carolina's Information Center at 803-736-LAKE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lake Carolina is a master planned, family-centered community designed for all of life's stages only minutes from downtown Columbia. Visit us on the web at www.lakecarolina.com or call 803-736-LAKE.

Directions:

I-77 North to exit 19 Farrow Road (SC 555 North). Turn left. At second traffic light, turn right onto Hardscrabble Road. Lake Carolina is 5 miles on the right.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to find some pics for visual support, but Harborside is pitifully represented on their website.

So, for those of you that have been to Harborside, what do ya think? I really like a lot of aspects of it, but on the whole I think it falls sort. I'm a *huge* DPZ fan and they designed the entire thing, but IMO the execution of that plan has been less than stellar. The Town Center, even though it's finally showing signs of life, has been poorly supported and all of the best parts of the DPZ plan have been changed or are still up in the air.

Yup. Those are all of Harborside at Lake Carolina.

DPZ really does an incredible job with these master-planned communities, but the follow through at LC has been weak.

I'm even more impressed with DPZ's urban redevelopment projects. Take a look at their website at some point -- some awesome drawings of neat projects. I wish they'd get involved in a project downtown! :) A DPZ-designed CanalSide would be crazy.

They're the best in the planning biz, IMO.

And from our friends at the National Charrette Institute:

The French word, "Charrette" means "cart" and is often used to describe the final, intense work effort expended by art and architecture students to meet a project deadline. This use of the term is said to originate from the

Archived