Random Myers Park Pictures

ezcheese

I spent my last official afternoon in Charlotte taking some pics around Myers Park. After living in Charlotte for 6 months, and moving back to Greensboro, I have to say that I already miss Charlotte in some ways. Anyway, have a look!

Biggest first! I remember when I first came to Charlotte to meet my girlfriend's parents. My girlfriend's dad took me through some interesting areas and showed me this house when it was first being constructed.

big.jpg

This house was being remodled and was set on fire by someone who doesn't like people with money.

burned.jpg

These are old apartments that burned a couple of years ago. They are now demolishing them.

demo.jpg

This is the Draper house. Built for the dude who did all the landscaping design for myers park. The family crest is on the chimney, but I didn't get a good closer shot.

draper.jpg

This is the Duke mansion. yeah, Duke University and Duke power: that Duke. This was his summer home. It's now an event house. The thing is huge, but you can't get a good shot of it from the front because of all the trees. These are shots from the back of the house.

duke01.jpg

duke02.jpg

This house is across from the Duke mansion. It's a french design. The shingles are green, and original to the house (I think).

french01.jpg

french02.jpg

This house is on the corner of hermitage court and hermitage road, I think. The guy who developed hermitage court built this house for himself. It's way bigger than the other houses on the street. I should have gotten a shot from the side to show how far back it goes. It has been for sale for over 2 years. I think they're asking $1.2 million for it. It needs a lot of work.

hc.jpg

This one is down the street from Queens University. It's one of few italianite style houses in Charlotte. I like the design.

italianite.jpg

This is the oldest house in myers park (I think). Nothing too special about it other than that.

oldest.jpg

This is the oldest tudor style house in charlotte. I really like the half-tudor style of the house.

tudor.jpg

That's it! I wish I had taken more pictures over the past several months, but I usually did not have my camera when I went on walking tours and visited other areas.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry you had to move back to Greensboro :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, My girlfriend is originally from Charlotte, but we met in Greensboro (she was going to UNCG) and we decided to move to Charlotte so that she could look for a job. I was just along for the ride because I'm going to school. She got a job in Burlington last week, so we immediately made arrangements to move back to Greensboro, so it was pretty sudden. I am glad to be back in Greensboro, though. I really like it here. But I definitely grew to like Charlotte a lot while I was there. And at least I know my way around there for the future. I never know when I might find myself back in Charlotte!

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to bump this thread up since there seems to be a host of new people discussing moving to Charlotte. Granted, these houses are beyond the means of most people, but they are historical, and offer a good sampling of some of the finer things the city offers (granted these aren't for everyone)

To keep on topic of the orginal thread, the white house on Hermitage that has been listed for over two years finally was sold 2 weeks ago for $1.9M......sorry to you perspective homebuyers.

I just wanted to bump this thread up since there seems to be a host of new people discussing moving to Charlotte.  Granted, these houses are beyond the means of most people, but they are historical, and offer a good sampling of some of the finer things the city offers (granted these aren't for everyone)

To keep on topic of the orginal thread, the white house on Hermitage that has been listed for over two years finally was sold 2 weeks ago for $1.9M......sorry to you perspective homebuyers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, it finally sold huh? I hope it gets the tlc it needs. That's a cool house.

• 7 months later...

Archived