Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christian

The unique Barcode concept

7 posts in this topic

The unique Barcode concept

Oslo - Norway

Barcode concept is the one of the latest great architectural designs in Norway nowdays. The project is approved and will start construction the next year. This will also create a larger Oslo skyline at the harboursite, in front of Radisson SAS Plaza hotel and Posthuset. The project contents mostly office and retain space with a total area on 220 000sqm. The first office tower will be completed in late 2006. The height of the towers is not public yeat, but will become about 20-25 floor tall.

barcode_01.jpg

barcode_02.jpg

You can see the well known S building to the right.

barcode_03.jpg

The project looks interesting. I look forward to seeing more once construction begins.

Its probably called barcode because the buildings will have stripes of light and dark color making them look like large barcodes. Just a guess.

I don't know why they called the project Barcode, but MathNerd05 might have the correct answer in his post. I don't know for sure when we are able to see good renderings from project, but i guess they will come during 2005.

Those little plastic buildings look like barcodes to me with the stripes. I also would really like to see some renderings.