The better drummer?

KoRn_Snake

Which band has the better drummer?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which band has the better drummer?

• Blink 182
    • Metallica

Which band has the better drummer?

IMO metallica's is better...

blink 182's drummer just looks like hes chillin on the drums, and not trying too hard, and beating very randomly/confusing, but making an amazingly great noise... hes a pro IMO... but metallica's drummer is intense-ER! not only is he more intense, hes passing on his intensity, for example:

one time on a performance of metallica's, their drummer fell ill, and they needed som1 else to play the drums for 1 performance, and they let other drummers try, but they loved Slipknot's drummer, and he did most of the songs. Joey says the song Ride The Lightning 'taught' him how to drum... another thing: my friends that can somewhat play the drums played some of metallica's songs including Ride The Lightning - meaning he must be 'passing on the intensity', thats one thing... i also say he's better because he SLAMS on them drums and barrells! lol... anywas, IMO metallica's drummer is better, and not just because he makes my type of music.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never  heard of Korn Snake 'till you showed up and I doubt they will be around in 2 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you mean the band KoRn? theyre dead/dying away from the music industry, but ill always remember them as what used to be my favorite band. ive been listenng to them ever since '98 :)

• 3 months later...

metallica has the better drummer in this case. Mike Portnoy is the best drummer in the world though (Dream Theater).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everybody in Dream Theater is a badass, but if we're talking prog, I think the drummer for Symphony X is better than the Dream Theater drummer.

My fav. drummers of all time would have to be Neil Pert and John Bonham.

Lars was good when Metallica was good, meaning before they made the black album. :thumbsup:

He was probably in his prime on Master of Puppets.

neil pert is an awesome drummer. so is danny carrey from tool. music has really kind of taken a nosedive here recently. it's sad that there aren't anymore led zepplins (john bonnam sp? was an awesome drummer too) out there. travis barker from blink 182 reminds me a lot of keith moon from the who. i think it's the energy that they both play(ed) with. i'm just ready for more bands who are really musical to come out. this generation needs more bands to change the sounds like rush and pink floyd did with their generations.

Archived