Show your desktop!

Christian

Here is my current desktop backround, it's one of my favorite photos from my first urban photography trip in New Orleans. :) (I'm just posting the actual backround photo, because when I try using ctrl+prt scrn in Paint, the image gets very distorted)

img1057modified5gg.jpg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, It's good to see you guys, Moonshield and Mbrown, leave the dark side and come to the operating system of light. :lol:

Here on campus we're required to have Windows XP Professional, no other. IF you don't have that, you won't get hooked up to the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

Skyline Drive near the US 33 exit

Dont drive there at night time, TRUST ME

342523523452345.jpg

Holy crap, man!!

I hate driving through Atlanta, TX at night, because off the highway there, you can typically see 3-5 deer just grazing on the side of the road... but that... man, that's insane!!

Beautiful, though! :)

I love these "show your desktop" threads so why not an update? Yes, that is a Mac background from Tiger on my Windows PC. I'm using the Royale theme for Windows and a few Yahoo! Widgets including my favorite, Informer, which is the translucent dark bar just above the taskbar at the bottom. I have the photo widget tied to my Flickr account to display photos I have marked as a favorite.

post-1-1146839722_thumb.jpg

I love these "show your desktop" threads so why not an update? Yes, that is a Mac background from Tiger on my Windows PC. I'm using the Royale theme for Windows and a few Yahoo! Widgets including my favorite, Informer, which is the translucent dark bar just above the taskbar at the bottom. I have the photo widget tied to my Flickr account to display photos I have marked as a favorite.

Very cool. And I love these threads as well.

I tried some widgets before, but I think they crashed my computer. My try them again.

Neo, you gave up on the google sidebar?

Neo, you gave up on the google sidebar?

Yep. I don't trust Google. :huh:

j/k... 8-) I did get rid of it though. I now use Yahoo Widgets to give me roughly the same stuff I had on the Google Desktop app. I was running both before so why not just go to one...less resource intensive.

^That's beautiful. Here are a couple that I use a lot. I took these from my friends' living room windows in Berkeley CA. The day shot shows the Bay Bridge on the left, SFO is in the center, and the Golden Gate Bridge is on the right with Alcatraz in the foreground. Not a bad view to wake up to. The second is a sunset over the GGB.

post-425-1148184891_thumb.jpg

post-425-1148185087_thumb.jpg

post-425-1148184891_thumb.jpg

post-425-1148185087_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

desktopag3.jpg

I stupidly switched my main machine back to Windows for like 15 days, got a few viruses 10 minutes after installation, and then it told me I had activated that key too many times and then there was that WGA fiasco... So, I'm back with Ubuntu (actually Kubuntu, Ubuntu with KDE) and loving it.

I still have to keep my other computer on Windows for Photoshop and Flash but I've set that one up like Fort Knox - it barely ever interfaces with the Internet. :)

Archived