Bank of America Stadium

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen football games in the snow before, so I dont see why they cant have the superbowl in a cold climate, unless they are afraid it will scare people away. I am sure nto everyone wants to sit in 30 degree weather to watch football when they can just sit at home in the warmth and watch it. PLus to my understanding, most or all superbowls took place in the south until the domed stadium was built up in Detroit or somewhere like that.

Thats good.  The stadium is generally considered a disaster in urban renewal as there is nothing in that part of town now.  It was designed with little regard for its surroundings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it IS designed with regard for its surroundings: gray parking lots, gray freeway, gray railroad tracks, and blue sky... so it is gray on all sides but the top, which is blue. :).

I actually like the design of the panthers stadium. I think the city is mistaken, though, to assume that every big project instantaneously generates a vibrant district around itself.

Hopefully, the Uptown Arena will. I think the Arena has a lot more going for it...for one, it's closer to center city. Another is that it will have about 100 more events per year, as opposed to just a handful for the stadium. A third is that the city seems to be encouraging and supporting projects around it.

• 2 months later...

On the site Charlotte Vision 2010 mentioned earlier, I cannot find anywhere that BOA Stadium will be given a retractable roof.  On the link given, it only mentions the "Existing NFL Stadium."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That just means that they plan to do something to it... like repaint it or add new grass... maybe replace some light bulbs...

I think adding a retractable roof would be great for the stadium... but even with it... I think it would be too small...

But I would do it if it ment the superbowl would come to Charlotte... that would be awsome!

I think adding a retractable roof would be great for the stadium... but even with it... I think it would be too small...

--------------------------------------------------

Do you mean that the stadium would be too small? It is one of the largest in the NFL in terms of seating capacity. Hotel rooms would be more a problem for us landing the superbowl (besides the weather concerns)

Just curious, how could we retrofit BofA stadium with a retractable roof? It doesn't seem very feasible. Was it initially designed for this possibility?

--------------------------------------------------

Do you mean that the stadium would be too small?  It is one of the largest in the NFL in terms of seating capacity.  Hotel rooms would be more a problem for us landing the superbowl (besides the weather concerns)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the capactiy of the stadium?

Archived