Sign in to follow this  
DarkBlueBoss

Dubai Business Bay

Business Bay: Dubai announces another huge project

================================================

Dubai is to build yet another multi-billion dirhams development project. The Business Bay, unveiled by General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, intends to create a new commercial and business cluster that will be located along a new extension of the Dubai Creek.

It is to extend from Ras Al Khor to Shaikh Zayed Road, stretching 64 million sq ft, a Gulf News report said.

'We wanted to build a project that will be the cornerstone of a new economic push and to extend the international role of the UAE. Extensive studies done by some of the top international consultancies said Business Bay is a project that will surely make the desired change,' he said.

Mohammad Al Gergawi, CEO of Dubai Holding, said: 'Business Bay reflects the ambitious vision of Dubai and the role that the UAE is looking forward to play as a leading international commercial and business centre.

'The essence of the project the first of its kind in the region lies in extending the Dubai Creek to allow for the construction of a huge new city within the city.'

He added, 'The importance of this unique project lies not only in its size or cost, but also in the tremendous impact it will have on the local economy.'

Business Bay will be managed by Dubai Properties, one of Dubai Holding's entities.

Business Bay will feature facilities such as towers for offices and accommodation, gardens, and a road network. It will also feature fascinating canals to add to the magnificence of the project.

================================================

there is a picture of an artists impression of what it's supposed to look like, but i dont know how to add picstures to this forum, if someone would tell me how, i would post some nice pics,

@DBB

Just press the IMG button and copy/paste the URL of the pictures in the dialogue box. URL can be found by right-clicking on a pic, scrolling down to properties and then copying the URL. Hope it works.

This pic is out of Gulf News:

15_frnt_bus.jpg

here we go again. Dubai is just booming with another entire community. Each community that Dubai has is almost like a separate city in itself. Dubai lnad, the Palms... Just incredible.

Don't think there is one. There are 8 plots of unlimited height being sole tomorrow though and the developers really emphasiszed this fact since these are the only plots with no height restrictions. We should expect some talls but nothing extreme, maybe three 200m, three 300m and two 400m. Also designs won't be out for ages most likely

Simply amazing.

After seeing all of these projects going on, and pictures of the city, I really hope I am able to visit next year.

. We should expect some talls but nothing extreme, maybe three 200m, three 300m and two 400m. Also designs won't be out for ages most likely

What, those aren't super highrises to you :lol: .

Great pics Malec!! Keep up the good work!

Do you know the name of that first building?

It looks amazing.

Well, it seems Damac properties have bought up the largest plot and plan to build a 90F tower. Obviously no renders but from their past work, design should kick ass! Also Emirates is planning a set of twin 70F towers but don't know how tall they'll be.

More nice pics Malec, thanks. This design is also very interesting. Of course I guess I shouldn't expect any less for Dubai.

This is just to give examples of the type of things Damac do and to show the standard of the design the 90F tower will have if built.

Okay thanks, I need to look more into Damac.

Here's a tower development going in the Business Bay.

The Churchill Towers will consist of 1 61 Floor Tower and 1 43 Floor Tower. The 61 Floor Tower will be a residential project, while the 43 Floor Tower will be office space.

Here's some pics:

ChurchillResidency2.jpg

ChurchillTowers.jpg

I'm sure I posted those. Maybe I didn't but anyway, chrysler rape is what I say. Business bay could do without designs like these but more towers like al manara, etc...