Uptown Projects

firemick

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice find.

So it appears to be 420-feet tall...

Snooping around the Municipal Planning Board site, I found that the MPB received the Orlando Towers proposal on October 26, 2004, and the master plan is scheduled to be reviewed by the board during their December 21 and January 18 meetings.

Also on the list of cases scheduled for the December 21 minutes is "Eola on the Park," which is asking for approval to allow a residential project to exceed the maximum allowed height of 55-feet in the MXD-2/T district. Its address is 217 N Eola Dr:

By the way, here's a fixed link for the post above.

Eola Drive could be the prettiest street in town, hands down. A divided, landscaped City Beautiful brick street with the city's signature park on one side, shaded by oaks? It's woefully underused, though. Maybe the condos at 217 could help it out. More on the scale of the boutique hotel at the corner (and less on the order of the varied setbacks and suburban-office-park feel of the Lowndes Drosdick offices) could really make Eola a lovely single-loaded street. The Belfontaine building is kind of a waste of a prime lot, too, but there's something strangely attractive about an intact example of a design epoch that is usually victim to demolition these days.

• 2 weeks later...

The following statement in on the North Orange website. I haven't a clue how long it's been there. It indicates that ground breaking is soon, but if it has been posted a long time then it may not mean anything.

"

Many thanks for taking the time to join us at the North Orange Condominium V.I.P. Sell-Out Celebration! In the months ahead, as we prepare to break ground and throughout construction, be on the look out for other events and pertinent information on the progress of Orlando's premier upscale high rise development.

"

As I had mentioned awhile ago, the office at the site looks deserted. This project has always felt more like an investment scheme that a legitimate project. I hope I'm wrong, but you just don't actually ever hear about any buyers in the articles that have been in the press.

If anyone is interested, there will be a community meeting on the Orlando Towers/Palace at the Radisson Hotel (next to the project site) on Thursday, January 13th at 5:30 PM. The architect will be giving a presentation on the project.

I might have to go to that. Matbe they'll have some updated renderings and info. Thanks for the info Jaybee.

If anyone is interested, there will be a community meeting on the Orlando Towers/Palace at the Radisson Hotel (next to the project site) on Thursday, January 13th at 5:30 PM.  The architect will be giving a presentation on the project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently, the meeting set for Thursday for the Orlando Towers/Palace is being delayed due to conflicts with Commissioner Vargo's schedule. When we learn of the new date of the meeting, I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, the project will most likely be delayed from going forward to the Municipal Planning Board on January 18.

• 3 weeks later...

These are the Uptown Area Project pictures I should have put in the beginning of this thread.

Orlando Palace/Towers

Tower 1 is 34 stories and approximately 330 feet. and Tower 2 is 37 stories and approximately 360 feet. The height was reported in the recent Sentinel article.

160422971sw.gif

orlandotowershires3xp.jpg

Ivanhoe Apartments 899 N. Orange Avenue and 857 N. Orange Avenue

Twin 36 story towers of approximately 400 feet

ivanhorhires18wy.jpg

untitled1gi9uc.jpg

ivanhoe22rw.jpg

North Orange Condos 759 N. Orange Avenue

Two 20 story towers

vrimg14un.jpg

Uptown Office Building 801 N. Orange Avenue

8 story mixed use development

801north0fj.jpg

ustleruptown1nq.jpg

Ivanhoe is the only one that has announce a fairly solid date ... what was it ... late summer?

So going from South to North along the east side of Orange .. it's 2 N.Orange towers (20 or more) then 801 then Ivanhoe at about 34.  It was 37 but dropping 20 feet at FAA request.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't say Orlando Palace anymore without laughing.

Hopefully Fact and not Fantasy!!!!! If you were able to drive north on North Orange Avenue from Colonial you look to the right and you would see at 759 N. Orange two towers called North Orange Condos, and than 801 N. Orange is an 8 story MUD called Uptown (Ustler2) Offices and Retail, and than the Ivanhoe Apartments 857 and 889 N. Orange. TWIN towers at 36 stories each and 400 feet, was 38 and 420 feet and still maybe but FBB and developers haggling with the FAA on that. And than further up across the railroad tracks and round the bend and to the left two towers "The Orlando Palace" :w00t: (I like Orlando Towers better) but anyway thats pretty cool and that is not counting any of the Kodsi development that would go on the other side of Orange from North orange Condos.

Ivanhoe is the only one that has announce a fairly solid date ... what was it ... late summer?

So going from South to North along the east side of Orange .. it's 2 N.Orange towers (20 or more) then 801 then Ivanhoe at about 34.  It was 37 but dropping 20 feet at FAA request.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anyone find it odd how some developments (the Vue and 55 West, for example) require that there be a significant amount of condos sold before the developers break ground, and others (the Ivanhoe) seem willing to break ground without having sold any condos, let alone release information about condo prices, floor plans, etc.? As best I can tell, the Ivanhoe is going to have 244 condos in each unit, but other than that I have no idea how much the condos are going to cost or what different models are available. I think the Ivanhoe looks like a great development, but I can't understand why they don't have a website and haven't released more information.

With such an attractive design I'd think they sell a large percentage of condos pre-construction, which I assume would put them in a much better position as far as financing is concerned (there would be much less risk, right?). All this leads me to wonder if the Ivanhoe isn't going to break ground for a while (I thought some of projects couldn't even get financing until they had sold a minimum number of condos). Anyway, I hope I'm wrong about this and it does break ground this summer.

Does anyone find it odd how some developments (the Vue and 55 West, for example) require that there be a significant amount of condos sold before the developers break ground, and others (the Ivanhoe) seem willing to break ground without having sold any condos, let alone release information about condo prices, floor plans, etc.?  As best I can tell, the Ivanhoe is going to have 244 condos in each unit, but other than that I have no idea how much the condos are going to cost or what different models are available.  I think the Ivanhoe looks like a great development, but I can't understand why they don't have a website and haven't released more information. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Ivanhoe will be apartments not condos. That gives them the ability to acquire financing without pre-sold units.

I really hope the Ivanhoe breaks ground soon. While other buildings may add more to downtown than this one will, I really believe these 2 towers will do the most to change the skyline of downtown.

I think we need a couple more 400+ buildings.

Archived