Morrison Place

appatone

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When is anything going to open here? They finished the first two buildings in December!

Seriously! Earth Fare should be open by summer, correct?

So far on the list of tenants are

Earth Fare, David's Ldt, Varji Varji Salon & Spa, Cafe Mia, Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, Winesstore and Swoozies

http://www.grubbproperties.com/retail/inde...n&pid=53&sid=41

Seriously! Earth Fare should be open by summer, correct?

So far on the list of tenants are

Earth Fare, David's Ldt, Varji Varji Salon & Spa, Cafe Mia, Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, Winesstore and Swoozies

http://www.grubbproperties.com/retail/inde...n&pid=53&sid=41

This project is in serious trouble. As you can see when driving by, not a single tenant has started its buildout in any of the buildings, which were ready for delivery in December-January...

How does one screw up such a home run property?

I live right next to it and see it everyday. This project is far from in trouble. The leases were sgned to coincide with other phases of the project being done. Not to mention, the two buildings, according to what I have read, were delivered to the market ahead of schedule.

Grubb would never build a project with No anchor tenant. Plus the location alone is money. This development will possibly be one of the more Urban Projects in Soutpark hand down.

A2

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This B&N will replace the very aging and dungeon like B&N at Sharon Corners. No surprise here at all as that store was extremely dated, especially compared to some of the other south Charlotte B&N and way off base compared to the Joesph Beth and Borders in terms of style.

It is so well tucked into its little corner that I almost never think of going there even though I pass it two times a day.

The current Sharon spot is decent size so it will take a retailer of some size to fill the old space.

I know of one retailer already in the shopping center that was eyeing the spot for a major expansion. but I have my doubts it will happen. Long term, (or maybe not too long) I think we will see Sharon Corners redeveloped into something mixed used.

Would that be a Jesse Browns expansion?

I know when I have been upstairs to Jesse's it is always crowded with people AND clothes/stuff.

Can't really think of any other retailer in there that is more than a small niche retailer.

Barnes & Noble will be building their new 2-story prototype store at Morrison, right at the corner of Sharon and Colony. They will be closing their Sharon Corner's store. The store should be open next springs.

Isn't there a second Whole Foods location being considered for the south park area? I knew something major was coming to that corner, but I didn't know what. I'd assumed Whole Foods, but obviously was wrong. Any idea where they might be looking? BTW B&N prototype stores are great! There's a beautiful one in Richmond at Short Pump.....full of people all the time, a hangout of sorts.

I believe the Whole Foods is proposed for the other corner in another development planned for where "The Colony Apartments" currently stand.

I really like these two story book stores, and this one will really make that corner a very pleasing place.

Well, SouthPark residents will certainly not lack for bookstore options, with B&N and Borders duking it out across the street from each other. Eventually Whole Foods and Earthfare will also be nose to nose. I would not read anything into this or assume they will feed off each other. Oh I just kill myself :rofl::rofl:

Well, SouthPark residents were certainly not lack for bookstore options, with B&N and Borders duking it out across the street from each other. Eventually Whole Foods and Earthfare will also be nose to nose. I would not read anything into this or assume they will feed off each other. Oh I just kill myself :rofl::rofl:

Archived