Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfdawg54

Vision 2020

Has anyone been to the airport recently? I went there last Sunday and I saw the renderings of the new airport that they are working on. They are proposing to tear down the concourses and build longer and bigger ones. Also, a monorail from concourse B to the central area is proposed and one going out to the parking garages.

It is I think because they have already moved the security area to where the new three concourses will meet. I can't wait to see what happens with the project.

i love the new security checkpoint and where it dumps you out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually hate the new security checkpoint there...how you have to double back to get to any of the concourses. Not well designed and I hope they will be changing it soon.

I actually hate the new security checkpoint there...how you have to double back to get to any of the concourses.  Not well designed and I hope they will be changing it soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that is actually where the new concourses will start. They will branch ou from there and will be much larger than the old concourses. That is the first movement in creating the new airport.

Where exactly are these new renderings at in the airport? I was there today but didn't have a lot of time before my flight to search for them. The new security checkpoints are much better than the old ones, and will be even better when the new concourses are built.

Right by the front entrance to where the concourses start. As you walk in the upstairs from the parking garage, they are right in the entranceway. It is a model of the new structure!