PROPOSED: Miami Metrozoo makeover

Brickell

I've been to the zoo pre- and post-Andrew. Andrew really ripped mayhem on it. Two totally different places, and without the lush shade trees it used to have, it's miserably hot in the summer. Wear a hat and lots of sunscreen/sunblock. Or take the overhead tram to circle the park.

Nonetheless, it's a great zoo. Metrozoo is already one of the largest and most diverse zoos in the country, though, and it's only the one in a subtropical zone. It's also neat to see them in a cageless environment.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the previous post, Orlando really isnt on the radar down here. It is viewed as just a tourist town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a tourist town??? C'mon, now...there's more here than just Mickey Hat wearing yahoo's in this neck of the woods...but anyway, I see your point.

This is a GREAT idea for MetroZoo. I've been a few times when I go down to MIA and I always thought it could use a little more pizzaz. My only concern with this huge expansion is the vast ammount of low-paying jobs this will bring to the Miami area. Oh, and something needs to be done w/the local roads that lead into the zoo if they expect to attract this many people.

My fellow Orlandoans, please don't give us a bad name by bashing Miami and saying they're tyring to steal our business. This will be good for all of Florida, and I agree with the locals. This project will mostly keep the Miami tourists in Miami. They will still come up to Orlando, if they truly want to. So, yeah, listen to KendallKid and RELAX! :rolleyes:

Archived