Salt Lake City @ Night

Sean Reynolds

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean! Awesome night shots!

A few things of note:

1. Great to see most of the Wells Fargo Center filled up and lit up at night! Thats what has slowed new office towers from breaking ground!

2003_0101nightslc0004_001.jpg

2. Its interesting to see that the shorter old Wells Fargo building filled a bit. I know all of the WF employees moved into the new office tower and the old WF bldg was vacant for awhile.

2003_0101nightslc0007_001.jpg

The downtown office market is improving tremendously! I cant wait for next year at this time, im sure we will have some new high rise office buildings in progress!

Great photos, thanks for sharing. I like the lights the Grand America did for christmas. I wish more buildings would do stuff like that. I know it's cheesy, but Houston skyscrapers used to do it during the holidays and I remember always thinking how much I liked it as a kid.

I've always liked the WellsFargo at night, I have a great view of it from my balcony and front windows. I always thought it was a bit "hip" for a city like SLC, being blue & purple and all. :D

I can't wait to see how well the new Ham Tower will light up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any new news on this building? I keep hearing they are "ready to go anyday," but I've been hearing that for 2+ years and I'm starting to doubt it will happen... atleast in the next 5 years or so. Those shops are starting to fill up in the temp building (i think with the new restaurant they are finally full) as looks like they are becoming more of a permanent downtown building to me? Any new info would be great. Sorry for going off topic there.

Any new news on this building? I keep hearing they are "ready to go anyday," but I've been hearing that for 2+ years and I'm starting to doubt it will happen... atleast in the next 5 years or so.  Those shops are starting to fill up in the temp building (i think with the new restaurant they are finally full) as looks like they are becoming more of a permanent downtown building to me?  Any new info would be great.  Sorry for going off topic there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Construction is set for Spring of 2005 and those temp shops will be placed, I believe, at the base of the tower.

They're pre-leasing the tower as we speak.

Jarrod... I felt the way you do about a year ago with the Hamilton Partners office tower. But last summer an article came out in the papers saying the vacancy etc had created a good time to build (as well Im sure interest rates and whatnot). Im expecting sometime in the next 6 months for sure they break ground.

I just wish they would build those 8 stories of condos on top making for the tallest building in the city! The downtown residential market is booming, like an article that came out today in the SL Trib. I want to write Bruce Bingham at HP again and see if there are any updates on groundbreaking and/or possible condos.

Archived