Al Battle Leaving

downtowngal

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battle leaving DDA for Fort Lauderdale

Downtown Development Authority Managing Director Al Battle is leaving the DDA to work in Fort Lauderdale. Battle, who has been with the city for nine years, will be the director of the Fort Lauderdale Community Redevelopment Agency.

"The opportunity presented itself and I felt like it was one I needed to take advantage of," said Battle, who has spent nine years with the city, all of it with either the DDA or the Jacksonville Economic Development Commission.

Battle said there won't be a lot of similarities between his new job and what he did for the DDA. The major difference, he said, is that the Fort Lauderdale job involves more urban renewal and less of the business district redevelopment he did at the DDA.

Battle will start his new position in the second week of February, right after the Super Bowl.

Hope they get someone in there with the same huge vision and untiring/LARGE focus.  If they don't, Jacksonville might start reverting back to a small town narrow focus mindset circa before the Jaguars came to town.

FLORIDA SKYRISE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope not. Hopefully his vision has rubbed off on other people in high-ranking city positions who will share the same vision that Battle left. Oh and it was Weinstein that was working on the project. Thanks!

Archived