Southside News Thread

bobliocatt

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

900 units sounds pretty significant. I'm guessing 2-34 story towers ;) overlooking IMO a beautiful section os the mighty St. Johns.

Isn't it great to have so many insiders on this forum! Thanks for keeping us posted Lake :thumbsup:

In my best Homer impersonation:  DOH!!!

So I should count on multiple 4-5 story buildings interconnected with parking lots and maybe a retention pond or two?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You nailed it! This is from the JU website.

Hudson Capital, a Miami Beach-based partnership of five south Florida real estate investors, will purchase the land and plans to develop a gated 11-building 900-unit residential condominium community with a pool, lake, tennis courts, clubhouse and a riverfront marina.

11 buildings @ 900 units

81+- units per buildings.

**Speculating ahead**

40 units per floor = 11 2 story buildings.

20 units per floor = 11 4 story buildings.

10 units per floor = 11 8 story buildings.

8 units per floor = 11 10 story buildings.

Or combinations thereof.

There's a new project on the southside that might have been mentioned here before, but I can't remember. It's at the corner of San Jose Blvd and Baymeadows Road, behind the Stonewood Grill where the old marina burnt down. They have big signs with project renderings on both San Jose and Baymeadows, but I don't have any pictures right now.

It's a 6 story condo on Goodby's creek, called "The Cove." According to an add in the paper, Epping Forrest Yatch Club membership will be included with the condo. There will be a marina, but the San Jose bridge over Goodby's creek will prevent large boats from docking there.

Auchter is doing the construction. They just put up a site aerial. No timetable or groundbreaking that I know of.

0305DOH.jpg

A 6 story condo isn't the biggest news in the world - but I am somewhat excited because of the location. I think it's good news when the suburbs start getting 6 story buildings, and no NIMBY's jump up to complain. It means that people are starting to accept and value higher density development.

Well San Jose,Baymeadows/Mandarin area is getting developed very quickly.There is lot of construction going on,little bit open space that was left is being taken...just look at Sunbeam road,5 years ago it was mostly woods and now you got 6-7 building going up at this time.

So only option left is to build UP,no more open space and people want to live and work in that area.

I think next 10-15 years San Jose will go up a lot and look more like urban city....well sprawled urban city.

By the way,driving today on 9A I noticed two apartment communities that have 5 story buildings right of the 9A and Gate,also they seem to be building some office towers like 4-5 story high.

I like how impresive thise aperments looks when buldings have 5 stories,more people live there and it looks european ,as good number of residential buildings in Europe are 5-6 stories high.

I'm hoping the contractor provides a website similar to the I95-I295 and the Big-I sites. A rendering would also be great.

I've had a lot of fun following the progress of the I95-I295 interchange. I'm glad the its almost done though. The good things is that there will always be something big being built around town!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping the contractor provides a website similar to the I95-I295 and the Big-I sites.  A rendering would also be great.

I've had a lot of fun following the progress of the I95-I295 interchange.  I'm glad the its almost done though.  The good things is that there will always be something big being built around town!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No rendering, but here's a diagram.

600_Future_Construction2.jpg

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/jackso.../25/story2.html

SOUTHSIDE -- A new mixed-use development is planned for an 18-acre Deerwood Park North parcel that recently sold for $7.4 million.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Breif Summary of new project

Development Name: Georgetown Street

Developer: Joyce Properties, Inc.

Planned uses:

1. 300 apartments

2. 50 Townhomes

3. 120 room hotel

4. 8,000 sf of signature restaurant/retail space

Archived