Ugly high-rises

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aside from the obvious like Burnett Plaza and the AT&T Building, I completely disagree. There really aren't too many ugly buildings here. There are a lot of gorgeous buildings in Fort Worth.

I think Dallas got the bigger supply of ugly towers, in fact, thanks to its '70s/'80s boom that left downtown ruined by ugly, cold concrete, glass, and brown granite towers with no street level retail.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

After 14 pages of posts, I can't believe my entry is the first for Crosley Tower on the University of Cincinnati campus:

20010819-002_fix.jpg

As ugly inside as it is on the outside, though it played a role in getting the University to unify the hodgepodge of campus buildings by hiring a slew of signature architects to create an architectural playland. Crosley has no seams in the concrete as it was continually poured.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I actually like the Westin.

Some random ugly building in the Santruce area of San Juan, PR:

2825733461_cb979836e6_o.jpg

Wondering around Tokyo I came across this:

2422082688_4848765ca4_o.jpg

So ugly it was beautiful; the Sofitel Hotel near Ueno Park, Tokyo. Unfortunately this building was torn down, making it at 26 floors the tallest building demolished in the city:

2399890960_4c98f133ae_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived