Ugly high-rises

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like a burning cigarette at night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! there really seems to be some sillly animosity between Charlotte and Atlanta. Why do certain ones constantly put one liners in about Atlanta? Especially BOA Atlanta? Is Atlanta your target city to chase? Do you guys afix your goals on attaining "world class" status by throwing up some cool buildings and putting down Atlanta. I will admit BOA Charlotte is incredible but certain Charlotte people on here have an attitude and one or two skyscrapers do not a city make. There are other cool, realistic Charlotte people like the guy with Clark Kent avatar. He realizes Charlotte is an up and coming city (and probably more than up and coming) but is also pleased when other cities prosper.

That's okay though, the Signature tower in Nashville which is now being listed 800 feet tall will be the nicest looking in the Southeast when finished. And yes, Charlotte's BOA will still be taller so I give you that even if the rods on top are distracting. :thumbsup:

The only buildings I really dont like are the post-modern boxes. Dont have any pictures, but I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. I pretty much dont mind any other type of building. I think some times it just takes a few decades for some architectural risks to be embraced by the general public.

Well....I guess it would make a very nice air traffic control tower.  At least it is unique.  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, I guess that is ONE positive of the building :)

There is another positive to this building, the Plaza Tower is supposed to be turned into condos.

A developer from Baltimore proposed the plan about 2 months ago and has been going through many lawsuits since then. But the development group and the construction companies are at the base of the tower now, getting constuction equipment set up.

Current Plaza Tower

nwoplaza3jk.jpg

Future Plaza Tower?

pmain354kv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived