Playoff predictions

PghUSA

Ok am I the only one that sees the Steelers winning their divisional game playing Indy or the Patsies in the AFC championship and winning and then beating the Eagles in Jacksonville? :D

you heard it here first :thumbsup:

then again I haven't gotten the playoff picks right since 1979 . . . wonder why :P

interested in hearing your picks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see Favre and Green Bay make a run, but I doubt that will happen. I think that the Vikings might win the third meeting. (Its hard to beat an NFL team 3 times in a season) Right now I think Atlanta is probably the team to win the NFC (Eagles sans T.O. are winless) while the AFC will come down to who performs the best. The Pats are vulnerable in the secondary, leaving Peyton a huge opportunity. San Diego could be a surprise for Pittsburgh: San Diego is consistent, Pittsburgh has a QB untested in serious pressure situations, and Phil Cowan has effectively beaten Pittsburgh three times at home in the AFC championship. So, here are my predictions:

AFC

Indy beats Denver, goes on the road and squeaks past New England, then goes into Pittsburgh and scores the upset.

NFC

Eagles drop to the Falcons in a close game.

Whether I'm right or wrong, AFC wins the Superbowl this year.

I am a little concerned about New England's D being injured. With Law, Poole, and possibly Seymour out, I am a little worried. However, this team only knows how to win, so my playoff predictions:

First round:

Sea over StL

SD over NYJ

IND over DEN

GB over MIN

Second round:

PIT over SD

NE over IND

PHI over SEA

GB over ATL

Championships:

NE over PIT

PHI over GB

Super Bowl XXXIX:

NE over PHI

(the real Super Bowl will be PIT vs. NE)

Indy over Denver

Steelers over Jets

NE over Indy

Steelers over NE

I agree Philly makes the SB but as stated above I'd love to see Farve get there (either one though is gonna be crushed by steel lol!)

AFC---

Steelers 35

Jets 10 ;)

Colts 38

Patriots 21

NFC----

Philadelphia 31

Minnesota 27

St. Louis 25

Atlanta 23

if anybody makes some huge coin on this remember its time stamped so be sure and break me off a piece ;)

^^ don't see it . . . Steelers more complete team with depth and experience at almost every position, remember Indy crushed a Denver team that fell into the playoffs, you're speaking of a Steelers team that shutdown NE and Philly in consecutive weeks, took Terrell out of the game for a whole half, and went on the road to a "hot team" in a "must win" game for them and beat them with 2nd and 3rd teamers . . . Pittsburgh will be in the SB for sure, wether they will win or not I'm not gonna call that yet--but it will be a great game.

Archived