A conversation with George Jackson

Allan

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What will visitors coming into downtown see as they enter?

We are also making improvements to the streetscape, by demolishing historic buildings. You will most likely enter along nicely paved lots, only $5 to park coutesy of Illitch Enterprises.

I would like to announce parking on the Statler lot will be available soon!

$5 to park? What a rip off! I parked illegally on the street for free today. LOL. If the city actually enforced their parking policies, they could have some income. But they don't bother. Has anyone ever gotten a parking ticket downtown?

$5 to park?  What a rip off!  I parked illegally on the street for free today.  LOL.  If the city actually enforced their parking policies, they could have some income.  But they don't bother.  Has anyone ever gotten a parking ticket downtown?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Al trust me on this one, the city DEFINATELY enforces their parking policies. I don't know where you parked but you really got lucky they didn't ticket you. The parking attendants downtown can be a royal pain in the ass sometimes.

LOL, I go downtown three times a week and have never gotten a ticket. I'm sure my luck will end someday...or I could just park in the Greektown Garage for free. Hehe.

If the city can enforce parking policies, why can't it enforce building codes? It's only a matter of time before that fire escape on the Wurlitzer comes crashing down. The delivery men always keep an eye on it as they are making deliveries to the restaurants on Broadway. Of course the city will never crack down on slumlords like Ilitch and Higgins. They say they are going to start cracking down on the owners of all these buildings that have been vacant since the 70s, but the city seems to be all talk, as usual.

Archived