Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

btoy

Gameday Centers

Below is a story from Sunday's Greenville News, though most of the information was not really news, I thought some of you may not have heard about it. Also, another reason for posting this article is that now they are also mentioning a Gameday Center for USC in Columbia. I have also posted a link to an older atcile that talks about development in Clemson. Tom Winkopp really has been doing alot in that area, check out his link here Tom Winkopp

Oh ya, also the Papers have run two different conceptual drawings for the Clemson site, I can't find an image though and it is not on the Game Day Centers Website but floor plans are. The Website has nothing about a USC site.

Gameday condos to bring lodging options to Clemson

Posted Sunday, January 2, 2005 - 1:05 am

By Anna Simon

CLEMSON BUREAU

[email protected]

CLEMSON

I heard about this on the news today as well. I may have to take a tip over to enemy territory and check this thing out once they are done to compare it to Columbia's.

"...enemy territory..." :lol: So everything west of the Saluda river is considered to be keep your eyes open/watch your step enemy territoy?

Sorry, but I follow CU and UNC anyday before USC, although I'm not the bitter hater that most Clemson fans are. :D

The first Gameday rendering that was released in GSA Business Journal was of the Lexington, KY condo building. It was quite an impressive structure, most definitely a high-rise. :)

Hey, this is interesting. I also read about it in the Anderson Independent-Mail.

Gameday condo-hotel owners present plans

Posted Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 10:02 pm

By Anna Simon

CLEMSON BUREAU

[email protected]

CLEMSON

Actually, the article in the Anderson Independent-Mail said that the Gameday plans there have been held up, maybe for quite a long time. :(

Hey isn't that (Gameday Center) what they are supposed to be building down in the Vista/ Research Campus area? They are building another similair structure, by a different developer, called the "Spur" near USC's stadium as well.

Link to the post

The rendering used to be on the post but this site keeps eating my picture post for some reason? Anyway there is a link to the project in the first post.

Yes, it was said to be built in the Research Campus area. As far as the design or size... I haven't heard anything new which would give that info. Anyone with anything new, please keep us informed! :)

Here is a new one that is planned for right behind the Cockabooses in Columbia. Reportedly, they have 50 letters of intent already.

Stadium Village Lofts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't believe I haven't seen that design yet. Isn't that where the warehouses and Cromer's P-Nuts are now?

I can't believe what they're doing to my sleepy little college town. Every trip back there the place seems to get worse, not better. Odd, isn't it; I support urban development everywhere else. But not in Clemson. Please, not in Clemson.

Besides, my retirement job was supposed to be opening a mini golf place on 93 across from the campus. Now I find that there's just no land for it. Pity. It would have been a nice one, too. Clemson needs miniature golf; needs it a lot more than it needs yuppies.

I think CLemson's is supposed to be 5 stories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it going to be shaped like a cow or a grain silo to fit the rest of the landscape?

B)

Is it going to be shaped like a cow or a grain silo to fit the rest of the landscape?

B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clemson is on a lake, and surrounded by an experimental forest. Not really all that many silo's or cows around.