Gameday Centers

btoy

Below is a story from Sunday's Greenville News, though most of the information was not really news, I thought some of you may not have heard about it. Also, another reason for posting this article is that now they are also mentioning a Gameday Center for USC in Columbia. I have also posted a link to an older atcile that talks about development in Clemson. Tom Winkopp really has been doing alot in that area, check out his link here Tom Winkopp

Oh ya, also the Papers have run two different conceptual drawings for the Clemson site, I can't find an image though and it is not on the Game Day Centers Website but floor plans are. The Website has nothing about a USC site.

Gameday condos to bring lodging options to Clemson

Posted Sunday, January 2, 2005 - 1:05 am

By Anna Simon

CLEMSON BUREAU

[email protected]

CLEMSON

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...enemy territory..." :lol: So everything west of the Saluda river is considered to be keep your eyes open/watch your step enemy territoy?

Sorry, but I follow CU and UNC anyday before USC, although I'm not the bitter hater that most Clemson fans are. :D

The first Gameday rendering that was released in GSA Business Journal was of the Lexington, KY condo building. It was quite an impressive structure, most definitely a high-rise. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey isn't that (Gameday Center) what they are supposed to be building down in the Vista/ Research Campus area? They are building another similair structure, by a different developer, called the "Spur" near USC's stadium as well.

Link to the post

The rendering used to be on the post but this site keeps eating my picture post for some reason? Anyway there is a link to the project in the first post.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe what they're doing to my sleepy little college town. Every trip back there the place seems to get worse, not better. Odd, isn't it; I support urban development everywhere else. But not in Clemson. Please, not in Clemson.

Besides, my retirement job was supposed to be opening a mini golf place on 93 across from the campus. Now I find that there's just no land for it. Pity. It would have been a nice one, too. Clemson needs miniature golf; needs it a lot more than it needs yuppies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it going to be shaped like a cow or a grain silo to fit the rest of the landscape?

B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clemson is on a lake, and surrounded by an experimental forest. Not really all that many silo's or cows around.

Archived