Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Legacy and Duke will drop PNC to 8. I don't know of anything in the future taller than PNC other than those however. Gonna take a more robust economy and way shorter memories to get anything taller than that in the next 5-10 years. 

Damn this needs some updating

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_North_Carolina

Pray tell us, good sir, more about this Duke building!! 

1 hour ago, southslider said:

^Winston truly celebrates building patriarchy with the most phallic of skylines.

Well spoken!  :tw_joy:

6 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I like reading the "Tallest buildings in 'Insert City'".   I think Charlotte's skyline is so appealing not just because of the height, but the uniqueness of all our towers (esp the top 10).  The rest of NC, there aren't too many eye catching towers.  Winston has the Reynolds building (mini Empire State building, literally)...In Raleigh, PNC tower is awkward to me, however, the Wells Fargo capital center is nice.  It's been said before on here, but CLT truly does punch well above it's weight class in the skyline dept.  The one  big thing that has increased in recent years too is the density.  There is a hustle and bustle city vibe now that I don't experience in any other part of NC.

I totally agree on both accounts - The CLT punching above its weight and the hustle and bustle.  Only been in charlotte a few years and I was stunned by the dense urban environment.  Truly nothing else in NC like it.

• Like 3

The only thing I wish for in new tallest construction here in Charlotte is uniqueness.  Square glass block buildings are kind of old.  And BOAT is a knock-off of other buildings - sorry for those that still love the architecture of this building.  We need to have some standout buildings to spice things up, not a Lego-like skyline.

• Like 4

This is really lame but on the BAC wiki page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_of_America) the main image used to be the Corporate Center here but (fairly?) recently changed to the BOAT tower in NYC. It's really irrational but man this bugs me. 

EDIT: The main photo for every other bank is its HQ building!

Edited by CLT704
  • Like 1

On 11/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, kermit said:

^ change it back!

On 11/27/2018 at 8:00 PM, Boricua said:

Not ONE  picture of the corporate center on the page.  Jax, San Antonio, Atlanta, NYC buildings are on the page. CRAZY

1664860451_Screenshot2018-12-03at22_31_50.thumb.png.e5bf6f0d6fc0280652f5689ce1c08bff.pngThis is the response I got asking about it.

Edited by CLT704
  • Confused 2

Nice little article about how the city coordinates the skyline crown colors for events and holidays. And it's got some really nice pics of those colors.

They used to manually go and put colored paper in front of the BOA center lights every time it lit up a different color. That'd be a job with one hell of a view.

https://www.charlottefive.com/colors-skyline/

• Like 3

Wikipedia page on Tallest buildings in Charlotte is very much up to date.  If you search the same on Wikipedia for the Tallest buildings in NC then your results would be about 10 years old

That’s cuz we update clt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk