Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

^Thanks, Neo! 

Quick question...will be travelling to San Francisco tomorrow morning and need a spot to watch the Panthers game on Sunday.  Relied on RDF for the Amity Hall recommendation in NYC (which was a fantastic place to watch the game), but do any of you know of spots in the Bay area?  Just from a quick google search, it appears that Green's Sports Bar is the go to Panthers meetup, but wanted to make sure since reviews were a couple years old.

2 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

^Thanks, Neo! 

Quick question...will be travelling to San Francisco tomorrow morning and need a spot to watch the Panthers game on Sunday.  Relied on RDF for the Amity Hall recommendation in NYC (which was a fantastic place to watch the game), but do any of you know of spots in the Bay area?  Just from a quick google search, it appears that Green's Sports Bar is the go to Panthers meetup, but wanted to make sure since reviews were a couple years old.

wow, looks like no one has started a roaring riot chapter there!  I'd recommend Green's. I watched a game there on the beginning of my Napa honeymoon haha. 

Edited by Guest

40 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Just don't start a discussion about turn signals. 

Since this is Off Topic and I don't treaddit, and without actually starting that discussion here, what is the nature of such discussions?  Is it just like.......to use them or not?

Edited by grodney
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Thank you Neo, for this amazing platform, and allowing me back on this platform despite my adolescent transgressions. 16-17 years, I’ve posted in this site, longer than I’ve been with my wife. About as long as I could drive. My high school girlfriend would get annoyed about my UP time, now my wife puts up with it lol.

Monsoon?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SentioVenia said:

Monsoon?

you betcha.

Can anyone suggest a company that does HVAC, Electric, Plumbing and general house work, all under the same umbrella? Theres tons of companies here that do it, but I'm looking for one in Charlotte for my parents.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

you betcha.

Can anyone suggest a company that does HVAC, Electric, Plumbing and general house work, all under the same umbrella? Theres tons of companies here that do it, but I'm looking for one in Charlotte for my parents.

Well, well, well.  If that's the case and you're not joshing us, you made quite the transformation - from driving people away to being one of the best reasons to visit the site.  Well done, lad.

I've used these guys on several projects – plumbing, flooring, lighting/electrical, siding/fascia repair, etc., and have been really happy with them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SentioVenia said:

Well, well, well.  If that's the case and you're not joshing us, you made quite the transformation - from driving people away to being one of the best reasons to visit the site.  Well done, lad.

I've used these guys on several projects – plumbing, flooring, lighting/electrical, siding/fascia repair, etc., and have been really happy with them.

We all start out as fanboys, that get a bit too excited about development. 

Thanks I'll pass along that name. I really appreciate it

21 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

How does Accela / the city decides what documents are downloadable by the general public?

I think they only really do contacts info in presubmit, and then approved documents. Sometimes Elevations, but I don't think thats mandatory. That said, some projects like Alexan Highland Mill, I've had to request elevations directly from the developer, Trammell Crowe, in that case. I don't think theres a rhyme or reason, but generally it doesn't get made "downloadable" until its approved or if its a RTAP.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 11:35 AM, kermit said:

I'll admit this is a bit on the snarky side (and for that I apologize) but this headline made me laugh:

why? Because they are so lame that they report Outback opening?

The discontinuation of the Mecklenburg REL Real estate/Propery Tax app is torturing me. Is there any other easy way to search tax records besides the new Modria website? I tried to look myself up on the website and couldn’t find my name so I don’t have great confidence in its accuracy. And yes I can use Realtor and Zillow but that doesn’t help me with ownership records. 

41 minutes ago, sakami said:

The discontinuation of the Mecklenburg REL Real estate/Propery Tax app is torturing me. Is there any other easy way to search tax records besides the new Modria website? I tried to look myself up on the website and couldn’t find my name so I don’t have great confidence in its accuracy. And yes I can use Realtor and Zillow but that doesn’t help me with ownership records. 

polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov ?

Edited by tozmervo

Mattress Firm filed Chapter 11. Only reason it is notable is they seem to have more retail locations than a Starbucks or McDonald's across Charlotte. I'm sure we will see closures (which isn't a bad thing IMO, the stores typically have tacky yard signs). 700 stores likely to close nationwide. 200 closing right away. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/05/business/mattress-firm-bankruptcy/index.html

Edited by CLT2014

locally based Lendingtree released their list of the top 50 cities with Free and Clear home i.e. no mortgages on them.  The national average is around 33% and Charlotte comes in slightly better at 36%.    1. Detroit 2. Miami 3. Vegas are the top 3 cities with the most homes with no mortgages.  1. Very low prices   2. Lots of foreign and 2nd home buyers  3. ditto for Vegas and retirees.

https://www.lendingtree.com/home/mortgage/most-free-and-clear-cities-in-america/

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 2:57 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

you betcha.

Try Roby Handyman at https://robyhandyman.com/.  Everything under one roof.

It's been ages since I walked through Epi and the Overstreet, so when I did today I saw some stuff I didn't know about.....possibly previously reported on UP and missed.  In Epi at the old AT&T space that was supposed to be a pizza place but never was.....there's going to be a pizza place.  Urban Bricks.  One price, unlimited toppings, 2 minute cook.  Coming soon to the dear departed Bruegger's space is Pokeatery.....which I can only assume is a Poke Eatery but I could be wrong.  And finally, TRU TACO appears to be ZEN TACO now.  Sort of.  Half their signage is still TRU, and half is ZEN, and nothing else appears to have changed.

Everyone, please, be safe, and have a great weekend.

p.s. Any typos or grammatical errors are a likely a result of the Showmar's Farm Plate and 16oz Monster I'm inhaling....but I still take full responsibility.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grodney said:

It's been ages since I walked through Epi and the Overstreet, so when I did today I saw some stuff I didn't know about.....possibly previously reported on UP and missed.  In Epi at the old AT&T space that was supposed to be a pizza place but never was.....there's going to be a pizza place.  Urban Bricks.  One price, unlimited toppings, 2 minute cook.  Coming soon to the dear departed Bruegger's space is Pokeatery.....which I can only assume is a Poke Eatery but I could be wrong.  And finally, TRU TACO appears to be ZEN TACO now.  Sort of.  Half their signage is still TRU, and half is ZEN, and nothing else appears to have changed.

Everyone, please, be safe, and have a great weekend.

p.s. Any typos or grammatical errors are a likely a result of the Showmar's Farm Plate and 16oz Monster I'm inhaling....but I still take full responsibility.

finally! someplace uptown i can get fresh charizard for lunch.

• Haha 2

I was walking around today (last day of warm-ish weather) and was in the area below. There are still plenty of lots to be developed and I know the lots around CTC will eventually get developed, but the grassy lot that borders the charlotte plaza and deck is intriguing. It's pretty large and would have direct access to the light rail. Add some energy to that side of town and help connect Fahrenheit a little better. Besides the stations near first ward park, these two lots are the only ones with direct access uptown. 

20181023_203257.thumb.jpg.ab4c6f2939cda3aa6aee2374cb1eafbc.jpg

Also, good luck with the lottery tonight everyone...1.6b. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^  that lot next to Charlotte Plaza is owned by NC Railroad Company.  I would think it is surplus at this point and being held for investment.  They also own the lot by behind One Wells Fargo on the 300 Brevard building side of the LYNX line.  

NCGA "asked" the NCRR to sell its surplus property (including the lots they own in uptown) several years ago. I have been surprised there has been no movement (at all) on that.

• Like 2