Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

Doctors, good ones, use a term N. E. D. No Evidence of Disease. Cured is a lay term avoided in medical records. Cured suggests one can prove nothing exists which is logically impossible. Thus N. E. D.  means doctors search for signs and symptoms without success, but no guarantee. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as a lawyer might say.

So U. S. medicine would group those two into a single entity.

23 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Doctors, good ones, use a term N. E. D. No Evidence of Disease. Cured is a lay term avoided in medical records. Cured suggests one can prove nothing exists which is logically impossible. Thus N. E. D.  means doctors search for signs and symptoms without success, but no guarantee. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, as a lawyer might say.

Me:

dern.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, michaelef said:

Random thought when going around Charlotte. Does anyone feel like we are getting more graffiti around town. It's an easy target but a lot of those construction fences/walls get tagged. I've seen more up in Belmont/Noda area which I guess is common. 

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are. 

If it's a temporary construction fence/wall and the graffiti isn't vulgar stuff I'd like to keep my kids from seeing, tag them all you want I say. Makes it look better.

• Like 3

On 2/14/2020 at 3:16 PM, Madison Parkitect said:

If it's a temporary construction fence/wall and the graffiti isn't vulgar stuff I'd like to keep my kids from seeing, tag them all you want I say. Makes it look better.

There was a development in Elizabeth that had a bunch of huge stock lifestyle shots of people's faces and someone had blacked out a tooth one of the "models". It was just so subtle and perfect 

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

https://metricmaps.org/2020/02/01/solar-and-hydroelectric-power-plants-with-sunlight-and-rivers/

North Carolina has most solar except for California. California has larger installations which provides more energy per location. 

Really interesting map particularly the sunlight levels. Tennessee has always felt cloudier than North Carolina to me and it checks out on this map. 

• Like 3

^No doubt but is there a fundamental issue with the economy that will prevent a rebound once the virus runs it's course? You would think that's what would affect long term plans like building. 

Changing the topic some I see there is already talk of tax cuts. That is scary to me as they never go back up and the deficit has already gone nuts. 

Also, we have a great health care system IF you have access. It seems to me the best thing we could do to directly addresses this crisis would be to guarantee health coverage until this is over so that the poor will not try to work through this without help thus spreading and prolonging the spread? I don't know anything about public health but it seems an obvious step. If politics could be set aside for a while. Right...