Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

• 3 weeks later...

Random hotel & credit card question.  With the JW Marriott wrapping up, is this property nice enough to add to the luxury options for either Chase or AMEX?  I know Chase currently considers zero Charlotte hotels under their LHRC line.  AMEX has the Ritz, the Ballantyne, and Iveys for their Fine hotels & resorts collection and I believe the Kimpton and Hyatt Centric for their Hotel Collection.  I'm hoping JW be considered for one of the above.  Just wondering bc you receive extra perks for booking one of those hotels and it would be nice to add another Charlotte hotel to the list.  This should be opening up any day I suppose too.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2021 at 12:57 PM, tarhoosier said:

I was in Pinehurst earlier this year and that is their home territory. Their line runs along the road from Southern Pines to Pinehurst and two of those beauties were on the line one afternoon, sitting pretty.

Interesting. Those engines are all over Moore and Montgomery county. I see them almost daily and never realized that they're special.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would wait until the buildout of the other parcels to call this a failure.  If residential and hotels are included new life will be on Church Street, right now, Church is a way out of downtown.  Stonewall also is cold there and new life will make changes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:

It was just announced recently that Brisbane will host the 2032 Olympics. Wow, they are about the same size as Charlotte! I’m surprised. I wonder if we will ever see Charlotte host or Atlanta again. 

Brisbane has twice the land area and three times the population, plus they're on a coast...

10 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Brisbane has twice the land area and three times the population, plus they're on a coast...

And a metric crap-ton of hotels (if you include the Gold Coast), very good transit, and the Australian federal government is pretty good about funding infrastructure. In addition, Sydney offered one of the better examples of how hosting the summer games can be leveraged into long term benefits for the city.

Plus Aussie’s three favorite things are beer, footie and swimming!

• Like 1