Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

• 3 weeks later...

^^ Hysterical! Ah, the optimism of the "Jet Age." One of my favorite things is when he says that advances in technology will give us more time for leisure in the future. Little did they know that we Americans would actually be working MORE! How times (and reality) have changed.

Edited by PlazaMidwoodGuy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with "Willy." I saw Larry Majors on Monday on his way to the ABC store and had a lengthy conversation with him.

Oh wait, I forgot his nickname is Chilly Willy. I most always try and call people by their proper names. Saw him tonight at Starbucks on Elizabeth as he barged in to use the bathroom against the protests of the workers.

• 3 weeks later...

Charlotte City Council tours downtown Greensboro during a retreat to get ideas for Charlotte's Center-City. They toured places like Southside, Elon University Law School, Center-City Park and NewBridge Bank Ballpark. They mainly wanted to see how Greensboro did it, (with the ballpark) how it was funded and how it meshed with downtown Greensboro. The council was very impressed at what Greensboro has done to it downtown over the past several years. Charlotte City-Council conducted its city business at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...STAFF/627131414

Edited by cityboi

I walked from my apt down to Brixx on East for dinner last night. I almost got hit twice by mindless drivers violating my space when I had the right of way on the crosswalk. I guess I should not have cursed out the second driver but almost getting run over when obeying traffic laws makes one a little upset :angry: I love all the walkable destinations available on East Blvd but it's horribe the way motorists just ignore the walkers, cyclists, and joggers.

Throwing in a little color would really help to spice things up a bit. Too bad about Carillon, I really liked the new lighting scheme. I actually think 400 South Tryon has tons of potential to become one of the coolest buildings uptown if only the night lighting was changed. Since Wachovia is the tenant, maybe they could install some blue and green night lights? :thumbsup:

There's a lot of breat cancer awareness activity going on right now... were the magenta lights associated with that? If so, it would be counterproductive to leave them up all the time so that people get used to seeing them.

How many months of the year are 'breast cancer awareness' months? I don't mind, but it seems like it was just a couple of months ago that pink was everywhere for the same thing...