Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

• 3 weeks later...

I found some old Charlotte Hornets stuff in my closet. If anyone wishes it send me a message.

IMG_1356.thumb.JPG.87ae42e0cdb255fddaa3b7f73a1d7ee9.JPGIMG_1357.thumb.JPG.7ab1dc634274fcb6c98364cfcd0f9fa0.JPGIMG_1358.thumb.JPG.bc19b56d6157f2fd47f16222ee81366b.JPG

One small business portfolio. 10th anniversary logo. Official ball pebble grain surface. Never opened. About 7' by 5".

IMG_1359.thumb.JPG.429f13dd925ca53f79b9bb40219f150a.JPG

End of season game 1995

IMG_1360.thumb.JPG.f76fb34d2d70a07601ef182698ba7916.JPG

End of season game 1992

End of season game 1993IMG_1362.thumb.JPG.bfc905d860a33193cf533f3f3a38a61a.JPG

End of season game 1993. This is long sleeve.

Shirts have been lightly worn and washed. A bit yellow from age and some careful cleaning will make them bright white.

IF anyone is interested send me a private message with your preference, one to a fan, and I will try to respond promptly. Local collection will be arranged

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 3

Cleveland has an underground stop or two also though not as nice as what you shared from St. Louis' main station.  Here's the main Tower City stop at the Terminal Tower building.  Formally known as Union Terminal that housed the main train station.  Then became Tower City which was a multi-tier mall and site of the Hard Rock Cafe in town.  Since I've left in 2010 I don't keep up with dev as much to know what the plan is for the site now but Tower City in the mid 00's and trying to figure out what to do with it next was very similar to current Epicenter discussions

Total ridership for both rail lines in Cleveland in Nov averaged to ~9,600/day.  They're a bit cryptic in reporting but provide the total for the system and % per mode which lead to that value.

Westbound Red Line platform at Tower City.jpg

Then the airport connector on the red line is also underground.  I remember flying in with my Mom once as a kid and riding from the airport to Tower City then hopping a bus connector to our house in one of the inner ring 'burbs near the zoo

Red Line (RTA Rapid Transit) - Wikipedia

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 4

I lease property and if it is not leasing I make a price adjustment.  Uptown landlords would rather make $0 a  month then make something.  There needs to be a pop up retail program in uptown Charlotte.  Raleigh has one and even little downtown Concord has one.  

On 1/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Gotta figure out a way to make rent cheaper uptown for retail and boutique stores. Changes the whole vibe of a street. Elm st for example. One of many clothing stores downtown. Our Tryon st has so much damn potential. 

South Elm St in downtown Gboro is great.  as the Mayoral candidate in NYC once said "the Rent is too  Damn High!" 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I lease property and if it is not leasing I make a price adjustment.  Uptown landlords would rather make $0 a  month then make something.  There needs to be a pop up retail program in uptown Charlotte.  Raleigh has one and even little downtown Concord has one.  

South Elm St in downtown Gboro is great.  as the Mayoral candidate in NYC once said "the Rent is too  Damn High!" 

I work in Multifamily Real Estate and in our industry, it’s not that the “landlord” would rather make zero, it’s that they aren’t allowed to without approval from their Lender(s) & investors and as you can imagine in the banks, everything is a long silo-ed process. Asset Management can’t just let Borrower make a change without other teams giving their approvals blah blah blah. We didn’t even let Borrowers lower rent during Covid without Lender consent (which was annoying given the volume during Covid) 

I wonder if commercial space for office towers is the same.  Now, government subsidies to retail tenants. We will welcome all day long with 0 approval from lenders needed. 

• Like 4

This is a Texas size land sale right here in North Carolina.  Over 8000 acres sold! 

from the Triangle Biz Journal

""Roper Island, which spans 8,263 acres in Hyde County, sold for $1.4 million, according to Aaron Sutton, managing broker of the North Carolina office for National Land Realty. The purchase price comes out to about $169 an acre.

The property boasts 25 miles of water frontage and sits in northern Hyde County along the Alligator River near the Pamlico Sound.

The sale represents one of the largest land sales in North Carolina. For reference, Raleigh-Durham International Airport is 5,000 acres in size. A spokesperson for National Land Realty said this is the largest-ever transaction in the company's history.

"It is a rare piece of property, especially the size of it," Sutton said. "It is all wetlands and swamp."""

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kermit said:

The air b& b remains a constant source of amusement. The guests this week are (based on appearances only) stereotypical Japaneses tourists. A group of 6 dudes in their 20s , they came in by uber but a rented minivan for the full American experience appeared the next day. I guess Charlotte really does have a lot...

Maybe a Japanese version of those Brits who did youtubes about visiting Charlotte and the Midnight Diner, Bojangles.  Eating their Dunkin Donuts.  

シャーロットに遊びに来てください!私たちの素晴らしい街へようこそ!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

That was a former bank with the facade moved to that location. What is in that structure? (It is not the courthouse)

that is an office condo building with the facade saved from South Tryon St when the Wells Fargo plaza park was developed.  Not the courthouse for sure.  On S Caldwell next to the hotel condo tower.  (Hyatt Place with rooftop restaurant) 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tisM5Cfg_reasonably_small.jpg

*cough* *cough*
Quote Tweet

VjbpsMCP_normal.jpg

Joe Bruno

@JoeBrunoWSOC9
·
2h
Levine, Northwood and Horizon are teaming up on a rezoning project in south Charlotte off Providence Road near Sardis Lane. Plans include a ~100,000 square foot grocer that the rezoning documents refer to as an "exciting new grocery store opportunity." 👀👀 @wsoctv

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was super amused by the cultural reflection cast by the Chinese spy balloon on social media. The view I saw from my feed was:

Charlotte: "See, I told you Charlotte was world class. The Chinese sent a spy balloon here to learn the secrets of Southpark!"

Myrtle Beach: "'murica, F' yea!"

Wilmington: "Wait, this thing crashed on our doorstep, why is everyone talking about Myrtle Beach?"

I hope the Navy is able to get to the wreckage before my buddies in Holden Beach in their Grady White with twin 150s.

Edited by kermit
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Philadelphias trolleys will be replaced with the below vehicles starting in 2027 through 2030. 4Q19 (2019 are the easiest numbers to find ridership for)  the trolleys carried 66,000/people/day 

5669208A-2727-4B05-8178-5FE8F69B9121.thumb.jpeg.8f155c28e91b83b71442b65be929ae2a.jpeg

9C49F464-3181-419F-A9DA-D89A6BA99D51.webp.1166dc0a1ef17de67030de457385d50b.webp

5A266F08-AFB6-412D-8A88-82B3B36608A7.jpeg.a4f4f1c03e7a48b9ae80fb08a68b97d0.jpeg

Current trolleys look like the below 

17EFD1B0-4351-482D-AB10-1A797B26CF2B.thumb.jpeg.10b27a778647734a34f68612b9f5c5a0.jpeg

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 4

Not a new restaurant and coffee is a big part of the attraction thus I post here in Coffee House about:  Abugida Ethiopian Restaurant.

I have been to Ethiopian restaurants before and this is a good one. Ethiopian waitress who may have been working the kitchen as well since I saw only two people in business. Usual Ethiopian offerings. A vegetarian friend steered me here and they have plenty of meat offerings as well. The star of the show in my estimation is the after dinner drink:  Ethiopian coffee. When I ordered after dinner she said it would take ten minutes to make meaning prepared for ME alone. The service is Ethiopian with a traditional pot artfully tipped from a foot above the demi-tasse and poured from the graceful spout into my cup. OH! what a taste experience! Coffee as I have not experienced before. The pot is pictured on their web home page and is their symbol.

Side note, but related: A while ago I saw a list of national travel slogans used by tourism agencies, national airlines and the like. Some were obvious, some inscrutable and Ethiopia was the best.         Ethiopia-Land of Origins. (IOW Humans and coffee). 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A couple of interesting write-ups on the property valuation of local private country clubs - many decreased in value!

https://www.wfae.org/charlotte-area/2023-03-27/tax-assessor-consultant-priced-quail-hollow-as-an-average-private-course

https://gregjarrell.substack.com/p/whats-a-country-club-worth

Quail Hollow club valued at just under $10 million and categorized as an 'average type private course'. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2