Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

My opinion: http://www.biz-logo.com/pre-designed-cat05.shtml

As a Designer it doesn't bother me too much. Its a lot A LOT better than Ebay's new logo (which is much better than the old I must admit)

lol, hadn't heard about ebay's new look. did a quick search and my first thought was, "were they bought by google?"

Can anyone recommend a hotel downtown?

My father is coming to visit with his gf. They'd like to stay somewhere nice downtown.

Expense is not a big concern but it doesn't have to be expensive just for the sake of being expensive.

Thanks!

There are no shortage of nice places to stay (unless the DNC is in town). The Ritz and Westin are probably the nicest places in uptown though.

There are no shortage of nice places to stay (unless the DNC is in town). The Ritz and Westin are probably the nicest places in uptown though.

I have not stayed at any hotels in downtown but I have heard good things about the Hyatt Place (formerally Sierra). I have also put folks up at the Aloft, they liked it, but reported it can be noisy and the parking can be annoying. The Omni is of a past generation but the prices can be decent and the rooms were reported to me as 'pretty good.'

I have heard other folks rave about the Holiday Inn (which surprised me), particularly the concerage floor (I think that is what they call it)

Edited by kermit

I've stayed at the Marriott and Westin before and thought they were solid hotels. Ritz is great if you want to pay the money for a luxury hotel, but I've also heard a lot of good things about Hyatt Place as kermit mentioned too. Hyatt Place is probably best for your money. I've stayed at Omni hotels in other cities but was never a big fan of them.

Don't forget the Dunhill for a more classic experience. Granted I don't think that's what you come to Charlotte for, but I hear its a nice place to stay.

I've stayed at Aloft (interviewee cancelled on us and we couldn't cancel his reservation, so I took the room as just a date night thing even though I lived 5 blocks away at the time), and I actually really enjoyed it. The rooms are really unique and cool, and it isn't noisy at all if you get a room on the 3rd st. side, not facing the interior of the Epicentre. I've also always enjoyed the WXYZ Bar in the lobby and that was a nice bonus.

So I just saw this Corona commercial, where this tired business-guy takes a taxi to a bar to meet his friends. They ask him how it went and he replies "crushed it".

What's more important is the blurry skyline you see in the background over his left shoulder. If that isn't BOA and the Hearst tower (and maybe the rest of the Charlotte skyline), than I don't know what it looks like.

If someone sees it, can they confirm it for me? I don't have fancy tivo or anything to stop it.

^ Dude, I just saw that commercial too and had to do a search. It sure looks like our skyline to me! I laughed thinking I was probably the only person who noticed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunv-rhidwg

OF COURSE, YOUTUBE! Thanks!!!

And after seeing it again, that is definitely our skyline.

Also, it's apparent we are both dorks.