Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

According to this map everyone in the Queen City area griping the last few weeks was for legitimate reason:

#1 metro in U.S. by number of Political ads this election season?

Charlotte

With over 54,592 ads this political season our metro region had the highest concentration of political adds in the entire country. Followed by Vegas at 54,544. the rest of the cities are in the 30-40ishK range

The Charlotte area also had one of the highest spending by political parties on tv ads (40 million). To make matters worse, even though DC (63m), Denver (47m), Cleveland (46m) and Tampa (42 m) were higher (we're tied with Las Vegas) - North Carolina in general had more ads because our airtime is considered cheaper than most of those cities and thus more ads per dollar.

Edited by Urbanity

ID has a show on called Sins and Secrets and an episode is about Charlotte and the murder myster with wide receiver Rae Carruth.

Lots of flattering angles with Light Rail, Vue, Duke Energy. Pretty sweet.

Edit: and the ending was "And just like the way the city leaned on the banks to make the city the super star to carry them into the future, the bankers became like crooks after the financial meltdown. Just like their dreams to have a successful team was riding on the one player and has never since been the same" (It wasn't that exact wordering. It was actually harsher, ha)

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think I need to point out what irks me about this-

"Houston is far from the only market where demand for rentals is at a fever pitch. Denver, Oakland, Seattle, Miami and Charlotte, N.C., where many of the condo projects that went bust have been converted to rentals,"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/business/developers-of-new-housing-aim-for-renters-not-buyers.html?hp

Yes. If you go to the world view, you will see massive light blotches in Alaska, northern Canada, Northern Russia, ect. They have to be oil fields. Look in the Gulf and you'll see oil rig lights. Or on the world one, look in the Asian pacific, it's insane how many fishing boats there are.

The only one I'm not sure about was tons of light in the Australian outback, but my guess is wildfires.

Well, this is awesome.  Sorry for the size.  But man is the 85 corridor present.   [img=http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/712129main_8247975848_88635d38a1_o.jpg]
What I think is cool is you can clearly see the outline of the NC/SC coast all the way up to maybe New Bern. NC looks pretty well lit up as a whole nice even population distribution. RDU looks impressive, I remember seeing one of these from a while ago and it appears Charlotte has filled in nicely. The QC catches the eye now in this shot keep shining Charlotte, keep shining.