Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

Was bored and looking up stuff, which lead to SSC, got interested in pics, so forced myself to read all 39 pages of this thread, funny seeing some familiar names, but, I never want to see another picture of Miami again, ever, not even joking a little, pretty much a ditto on ATL, and not sure I want to look at CLT again for a while, or not until we have some completions/additions.  But, I want OKC's Devon Tower a little bit.  And to visit Louisville, never been.

On to the point of this post - NEO, thank you for this forum, pretty much avoid SSC like a minor plague, and was just reminded of why.  Will be contributing to UP again soon.  In fairness, and if my memory is accurate, SSC used to be much worse, but, its not UP.

Was bored and looking up stuff, which lead to SSC, got interested in pics, so forced myself to read all 39 pages of this thread, funny seeing some familiar names, but, I never want to see another picture of Miami again, ever, not even joking a little, pretty much a ditto on ATL, and not sure I want to look at CLT again for a while, or not until we have some completions/additions.  But, I want OKC's Devon Tower a little bit.  And to visit Louisville, never been.

On to the point of this post - NEO, thank you for this forum, pretty much avoid SSC like a minor plague, and was just reminded of why.  Will be contributing to UP again soon.  In fairness, and if my memory is accurate, SSC used to be much worse, but, its not UP.

It's a battle over there...that's for sure.  You think SSC is bad though...try City-data.  Now THAT, is a cesspool.  

:wub:

PNC got the naming rights to Verizon Wireless Ampitheater.

They've done way more (from what I've seen; subjective) advertising it seems than RBC ever done.

I wonder if PNC would expand (jobs) in Charlotte If they ran out of room in PNC tower in Raleigh or if they put a different division or if there's only room for Raleigh to have corp. PNC jobs in the Carolinas

PNC got the naming rights to Verizon Wireless Ampitheater.

They've done way more (from what I've seen; subjective) advertising it seems than RBC ever done.

I wonder if PNC would expand (jobs) in Charlotte If they ran out of room in PNC tower in Raleigh or if they put a different division or if there's only room for Raleigh to have corp. PNC jobs in the Carolinas

I had the same thought...

I figure PNC seeking any visibility in Charlotte could keep the possibilty open.

Just got the latest Charlotte Magazine in the mail.  It has the "25 Best Restaurants".  I've lived in Charlotte 12 years and I've been to.....drumroll......zero of them.  

Here they are, in case you want to see how you stack up:

http://www.charlottemagazine.com/Charlotte-Magazine/December-2013/Charlottes-25-Best-Restaurants2013/

Edit:  Oops, I guess I've been to one -- Vivace.  

Edited by grodney

I'm so aggravated at the chamber for labeling October as Job-tober....

I've been coming up with these job names every month now...

Relo-vember (relocate), Growth-cember and Expand-urary

Pretty soon I'm going to hit a road block on these job names for months and going to hang my head on the wall if I can't come up with a job name....

• Like 1

Random question:

Does our city do a good job marketing our churches?

I'm not talking about the mega churches or local pre-fabricated baptist churches; but we have some very impressive churches, especially around Dilworth and Myers Park. For a place known as "the city of churches" id like to see us market them better.

I'm not even close to religious, but I can certainly appreciate the architecture and spirituality associated with these buildings. And I'll go out of my way to visit a church if it's well known or has some interesting history.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

http://stupiddope.com/2013/12/13/art-in-public-spaces-baltimore-installs-cool-artistic-crosswalks/

I wanted to share some news for anyone who is interested. Baltimore is installing creative crosswalks in order to implement more public art into their downtown.

I remember listening to Charlotte talks about a month or two ago and hearing about some initiative to expand public art in Charlotte. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...