Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

• 2 weeks later...

I am speechless, how can they be so.........uh...........dumb

what also made me laugh was the surprise at food and drink prices at BB&T, kind goes along with some discussions on here. I really do not understand ANYONEs surprise....unless you have never been to a stadium, arena, amusement park, etc before, then I understand, but that is the ONLY time I understand.

Edited by Jayvee

I know we laugh about city data quite a bit, but do yourself a favor and read the thread on the Charlotte forum right now "Skyscrapers in Charlotte to come in the future?"

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/#ixzz2z3m4Uj4G

It's hilarious.

Everything he wrote is true. All of that will happen. The Vue Extension (know in the biz as the Vuestension) is announced next week. They are doubling the height to 102 floors.

And thanks to you I just posted my first post on City Data.

Edited by Guest

Everything he wrote is true. All of that will happen. The Vue Extension (know in the biz as the Vuestension) is announced next week. They are doubling the height to 102 floors.

You'll probably get kicked off like I did for being mean.  I just couldn't take it anymore.  I actually requested they ban me.

...drink prices at BB&T, kind goes along with some discussions on here. I really do not understand ANYONEs surprise....

Its not surprise, I am just having trouble adjusting to double-digit beer prices anywhere. I have been to lots of arenas in lots of more expensive places than Charlotte and found that $10+ beer is rare (granted $9 beer is quite common). My shock comes from paying $12 (for any size beer) at a MINOR league game in a average-cost region of the country.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

Its not surprise, I am just having trouble adjusting to double-digit beer prices anywhere. I have been to lots of arenas in lots of more expensive places than Charlotte and found that $10+ beer is rare (granted $9 beer is quite common). My shock comes from paying $12 (for any size beer) at a MINOR league game in a average-cost region of the country.

I will agree they are definitely scamming with the craft beer, but the $12 for 24 oz. is pretty standard (price per ounce that is)

and your post is amazing (i increased your rep whatever that means). Im tempted to post on there that the Vue Extension makes total sense, why wouldnt they want to add on to a building thats already been a disaster and is one of the view apartment complexes in uptown that isnt almost completely filled. It makes SO much sense! And in what universe is 121 West Trade the nicest?

Edited by Jayvee

I will agree they are definitely scamming with the craft beer, but the $12 for 24 oz. is pretty standard (price per ounce that is)

and your post is amazing (i increased your rep whatever that means). Im tempted to post on there that the Vue Extension makes total sense, why wouldnt they want to add on to a building thats already been a disaster and is one of the view apartment complexes in uptown that isnt almost completely filled. It makes SO much sense!

haha, I added a long response to the skyscraper poster. Hope he doesn't cry.

I pay $14 at Knicks Game $12 at Nets games, $15 at Yankess and I once paid $18 at Wrestlemania (WWE is a client of mine, I was there for business LOL)

haha, I added a long response to the skyscraper poster. Hope he doesn't cry.

I pay $14 at Knicks Game $12 at Nets games, $15 at Yankess and I once paid $18 at Wrestlemania (WWE is a client of mine, I was there for business LOL)

I love this, your long response just made me laugh out loud in my cube, and my neighbor looked at me like I am an idiot :rofl:

I think the response of "Why?" to sony HQ is my fav

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

I love this, your long response just made me laugh out loud in my cube, and my neighbor looked at me like I am an idiot :rofl:

Thankfully I have the day off (Passover, hooray Jewish Company) so I'm hopefully going to dig up some good stuff today.

"Most skyscrapers in Charlotte-including 210 Trade and Hearst Tower were build above another building. The Hearst tower was built above a already-completed museum and 210 trade is being built on top of EpiCentre." 

There are so many things hilarious about this. 1. nothing has happened with 210 for 7 years 2. the foundation for epi was built WITH 210 PLANNED  3. "build" 4. What he quoted has NOTHING to do with his statement 5. everything TJJT says

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

FYI Ricky, a frequent c-d know-it-all troll is questioning your credibility...

I know that's kind of a broad description but you get the idea.

arg why'd you guys get me into this… I'm going to have a Troll Reputation in 5…4…3…2…1

"Most skyscrapers in Charlotte-including 210 Trade and Hearst Tower were build above another building. The Hearst tower was built above a already-completed museum and 210 trade is being built on top of EpiCentre." 

There are so many things hilarious about this. 1. nothing has happened with 210 for 7 years 2. the foundation for epi was built WITH 210 PLANNED  3. "build" 4. What he quoted has NOTHING to do with his statement 5. everything TJJT says

Wow did you know 210 trade was proposed in 2013??? WOAH!!!

where does this guy get his info...

Edited by Guest

"So does Barack Obama"  :rofl:

I wanted to be like "And your momma" 

I responded again lol. Jesus. I am supposed to be doing freelance.

Spending my day off shattering Children's Dreams.

Edited by Guest

This is pure gold. I understand people trolling music and stuff cause its easy, to spout BS and troll about buildings and development....that takes a special kind of stupid by these idiots on that board. I love this. Reading UP then reading c-d is like reading Principia then to Twilight.

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 2

This is pure gold. I understand people trolling music and stuff cause its easy, to spout BS and troll about buildings and development....that takes a special kind of stupid by these idiots on that board. I love this. Reading UP then reading c-d is like reading Principia then to Twilight.

I heard Twilight was Pulitzer worthy over on City-Data.

Question for anyone that is in the know...  What is being built across from the "old" Charlotte Law School on Wilkinson Blvd?  I used to see the signs for "City View" or something like that.  But can't see anything tangible as to exactly what they are doing other than seeing drainage pipes lined up waiting to be installed.

Question for anyone that is in the know...  What is being built across from the "old" Charlotte Law School on Wilkinson Blvd?  I used to see the signs for "City View" or something like that.  But can't see anything tangible as to exactly what they are doing other than seeing drainage pipes lined up waiting to be installed.

There was a "Luxury Apartment Community" Proposed over there. It was dreadful and suburban, so I was just hoping it had gone away.