Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

If there are any land planners or L.A.s on here, could you answer a question for me? Recently, I had the misfortune of going to the Carolina Pavilion shopping center on a Saturday. Every entrance to the center has a "crossroads" of sorts within about 1,000 feet of traffic signals on South Blvd. At these "crossroads", only inbound traffic (from South) has the right of way, the other three points have a stop sign. As I so painfully found out, it is nearly impossible to get out of the damn place. Traffic kept pouring in, so there was never a time when any car at any of the other three points could ever escape. My question is, who comes up with a design like this and why? All it did for me is cement in my mind how I will NEVER shop there again.

If SC could get its annexation laws in order, Concord would have never gotten the opportunity to surpass RH.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't EVEN get me started on that one... :rolleyes:

At this point, the closest we can get is city-county consolidation, for which Rock Hill/York County isn't a good candidate (especially since the county seat is York).

• 2 weeks later...

Goning WAAAAY off topic here. Is anyone here a SunCom customer? I was with AT&T for 6 years and now I find myself trapped in a contract with a worthless mobile carrier. My calls are dropped constantly, they don't service the phone I had with AT&T, so I had to get a crappy new one (has less features than my last), lost all the numbers on my SIM card (except the "Js") when I had to go in to change phones, and they don't have an agreement with any wireless carriers in Europe (which is the main reason I went with AT&T to begin with). In short, they're worthless wireless.

Any advice on how to get out of this contract without paying $200?

Anybody want to go hunt down Harry Connick, Jr and beat the crap out of him? "We're SunCom...and we suck"

Anybody want to go hunt down Harry Connick, Jr and beat the crap out of him?  "We're SunCom...and we suck"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, at least they finally got rid of that "I dont want anyone to see my receeding hairline" haircut he had in the older commercials.

Call them, say they broke the contract, and as a result you are not going to pay anymore, then don't.

Aparently I am a SunCom customer, but the only way I knew is because I received a bill with SunCom on it. I called the 888 number at the top of the bill to inquire about it and it was Cingular customer service. I told her my bill said SunCom and she had never heard of them. Her explanation was that maybe that bill got printed in a different place and said SunCom by mistake.

They obviously need to let their customer service people know that SunCom services their accounts in the Carolinas.

I, fortunately, haven't had any problems with them, but I know two of my co-workers have had major issues like you have. The general consensus is that SunCom is crap.

I had AT&T too, and when it became Suncom I had TONS of dropped calls and for soem mysterious reason couldn't call Rock Hill area... anywhere else would work. Also, they changed the way to get on mmode with my phone from just holding down the 0 key to going through all these weird menus... SunCom sucks!!! Wonder why Cingular only sold NC and Peurto Rican customers of AT&T to SunCom :blink:

oooh, so during the merger of AT&T Wireless and Cingular? Cingular had to let of some of their markets go to get some governmental agencies approval? So AT&T in the Carolinas was sold to Suncom? Suncom's GSM network sucks and they also have very limited roaming agreement. I perfer CDMA networks though like Sprint and Verizon.

I'm fairly knew to the forum. Just noticed at the end of the posts that it gives a list of users currently participating and some are highlighted in green. Are these the forum all-stars or special in some other way that I'm not aware of. Pardon my ignorance :) (how do you get that darn smiley face to appear here?!)

Welcome to the forum.

The members in green are in the Members+ group which means they have more than 100 posts here. The biggest change to that is that we give you the ability to attach photos to posts once you reach that level.

Members in blue are part of the staff that run UrbanPlanet. This includes moderators, global moderators and administrators.

Everybody else is in black.

Welcome to the forum. 

The members in green are in the Members+ group which means they have more than 100 posts here.  The biggest change to that is that we give you the ability to attach photos to posts once you reach that level.

Members in blue are part of the staff that run UrbanPlanet.  This includes moderators, global moderators and administrators. 

Everybody else is in black.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, sir.