Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

Not sure where to place this link, but WOW....I am impressed with Charlotte's competition towards the west in TN.  If your scroll down this link, you should see all of the proposed and under construction projects in Nashville.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=117104&page=103

Dang Nashville!! Tons of great architecture, good stuff.

Is anyone else shocked by The development going on uptown or is it just me?

Edit: Re Nashville. Nashville has been doing great things for a few years. I'm just curious how all those projects flow or if they're pretty coherent. Not sure how split up those areas are (I haven't been to Nashville in years).

I rather keep all of our high rise development within 277. One thing I'm super envious on that Nashville development... "Utopia Hotel" .... Wow!

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

The royal baby girl has officially been named "Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana".  I wonder if the city will attempt to latch on some sort of namesake.  How convenient that we also have a neighborhood named "Elizabeth"!  Haha.

You know, for 5 years I've argued with people who want to lump my little Crescent Heights neighborhood in with Elizabeth.  I guess this is as good a day as any to give up that fight.  Looking forward now to contributing to the fundraiser for the inevitable statue of the Princess.  

How would you get involved with the city planning process? Do the commissioners have public workshops?

Its easier than that, just become a developer and you are allowed to completely reshape existing zoning.

Its easier than that, just become a developer and you are allowed to completely reshape existing zoning.

It's a shame I don't have the capitol to purchase those surface parking lots downtown. Apparently, they are so valued by the community, a modest plot of asphalt to turn into a store costs... over a million dollars.

Just wanted to share this stand-in line from the good folk at Union County Weekly that just made it onto the twitterverse. Thought it was pretty funny. I wouldn't be surprised if someone there got upset about this either.

post-29157-0-34776300-1431638135_thumb.j

Edited by MilZ
  • Like 1

Extra, Extra!

local small government republican beotches about how a private company sets its own pricing:

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2015/05/n-c-lawmaker-questions-carolina-panthers-ticket.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[bob Rucho is ticked at the Panthers raising the price of his season tickets despite 'his' corporate tax cuts]

Extra, Extra!

local small government republican beotches about how a private company sets its own pricing:

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2015/05/n-c-lawmaker-questions-carolina-panthers-ticket.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[bob Rucho is ticked at the Panthers raising the price of his season tickets despite 'his' corporate tax cuts]

I'm quite sure he doesn't provide any price breaks at his dental practice!! Like buy one cleaning and get the second one free!!

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend a shop in town with a good hat selection? Fedoras, pork pies, ivy caps, etc. Boris and Natasha drastically scaled back their men's wares recently and Revolution is more miss than hit for me. I'm getting close to driving down to Charleston just to spend a few hundred at the Goorin Bros store. Thanks in advance for any help.

Can anyone recommend a shop in town with a good hat selection? Fedoras, pork pies, ivy caps, etc. Boris and Natasha drastically scaled back their men's wares recently and Revolution is more miss than hit for me. I'm getting close to driving down to Charleston just to spend a few hundred at the Goorin Bros store. Thanks in advance for any help.

I think Epicenter has a pretty big hat store over by the ramp to the light rail

edit: Nevermnd its not what I thought it was... Stash On Trade

Edited by navigator319

I don't wear hats, but what about Alexander Hats?  http://www.alexanderhats.com/