Charlotte Off Topic

monsoon

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Kenya in 2001. Took over 1000 pictures, but this is my favorite.

Our church goes over there about every other year. Good doctors from Charlotte

go over to help in a hosptial north of Nairboi. The doctor from that hosptial in

Kenya came over to Charlotte to get experience here last year. They use E-mail with photos, to get parts made here in USA to use in operations over there. My has the world change.

Mother's Love

MothersLove.jpg

Edited by RiverwoodCLT

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to post pics from a digital camera to a forum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

go to this thread/subforum:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=2

i use smugmug, cuz it has a cool utility for uploading lots of photos at once. i paid for photobucket, but then it was such a pain to upload.

That's odd. I always thought every county in NC had a fair. I wonder why Mecklenburg doesn't.

I guess going to Columbia for the SC state fair would be closer than going to Raleigh for the NC state fair.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most Charlotteans I know usually go down to Columbia. I want to make it to the NC state fair one year though.

If anyone caught the Panthers game on sunday who beat the pats :thumbsup:. You had to love the skyline shots they were beaming all accross the country. The shots were awsome because the tops of the buildings were above the stadium and I must say Charlotte did not look so sparse in terms of density. Also they did get some full skyline shots in and anyone who denies that Charlotte does not have a wonderful skyline is on crack. Also just think peeps ,it is only going to get better. Even if not all of the proposed projects get built the skyline will still be stunning. We should be proud that ,1- the Panthers stuck it to the PATS and, 2- the whole country and parts of the world got to see a real Carolina success story in Charlotte. :w00t:

Okay, here's a question for you Charlotteans.

I have been researching Charlotte for information and I have gotten two different numbers in square miles for the city's area. One is 243 sq. mi. and the other is somewhere in the 140's. What is the city's square mileage?

If anyone caught the Panthers game on sunday who beat the pats :thumbsup:. You had to love the skyline shots they were beaming all accross the country. The shots were awsome because the tops of the buildings were above the stadium and I must say Charlotte did not look so sparse in terms of density. Also they did get some full skyline shots in and anyone who denies that Charlotte does not have a wonderful skyline is on crack. Also just think peeps ,it is only going to get better. Even if not all of the proposed projects get built the skyline will still be stunning. We should be proud that ,1- the Panthers stuck it to the PATS and, 2- the whole country and parts of the world got to see a real Carolina success story in Charlotte. :w00t:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed. I was thinking that also. The skyline looked mighty good.

Wasn't sure where to put this so....

There's a good discussion on NPR right now about oil consumption and our energy problems. They spoke of SUV's as well. I know some on here love this topic.

Anyone catch it?

I did. It was an interesting topic no doubt. Much of what was said on NPR though was basically what has been said here on UP. Think back to the last energy crisis and cars like Honda Civics, etc. They made mention that you can't really have an SUV that carries 4 kids, your groceries, etc. and have great fuel efficiency. And also that nothing is going to be done by the auto makers until we demand something be done about it which unfortunately is going to require gas prices to be higher than what they are now and stay that way.

I just saw 20,000 replies in the Charlotte section... Thats several thousand more posts then many of forums for whole sections of the USA.

This is post 20,001. lol.

Funny you say that as I was wondering which forum has the most posts .. could it be Charlotte? :unsure:

Edited by guynvb

Hi,

I am new to this forum and plan to relocate to Charlotte sometime next year. I am in the process of purchasing a town home in the town of Ayrsley. According to their webpage, it is described as an urban enclave where I could walk to shops.. etc. etc. I don't know much about the area and would like someone to enlighten me. Is Ayrsley a good place to live and how urban is it? Comments are appreciated. Thank you

LoganVA :wacko:

Welcome aboard the UP train loganVA. To answer your questions I thought I would post a pic of where you will be moving in an aerial. It is NOT urban, but VERY convinient to Uptown, the airport, and 485. All in all I have heard great things about the place. Check out this pic and you will see what I mean.

AERIAL.jpg

A2

I need to also point out that the pic above is OLD. Most of the undeveloped land that you see in the pic is now developed. You will be just outside of the perimeter (485). However, the Steel Creek area is in you backyard. It has changed so much just in my short 5-6 years here in CLT. THe area is poised for exponentional growth as the city has improved and added to existing infastrucure in that area to support more residential, office, and retail. If you want a more Urban feel stay inside 485. I still think you will like your place.

A2